Hallway Wallpaper: Modern Ideas
The entrance hall is an important room of the dwelling. It is she who creates the impression of the house as a whole. This functional room needs a good finish, fashionable design, practical materials. Consider the wallpaper as a way to decorate the walls of the hallway.
What are the?
Thanks to a variety of technologies, design searches and fashion trends, the range of wallpapers is quite wide. They differ in the manufacture of materials, width, appearance, way of pasting the surface.
Materials have different properties, qualities, have different decorative ideas, structure:
- Paper wallpapers are considered the most famous and affordable. Such canvases are thin or dense, they are unstable to moisture, have a service life of about 5 years.
- Vinyl models consist of two materials - vinyl and paper. They mask the irregularities of the walls, do not require careful leveling of the surface, easy to glue, have a service life of up to 15 years.
- To create unique designs designed wallpaper. They are made of paper, are inexpensive. They can have absolutely any drawing of a different size, they look beautiful, but eventually fade.
- Tufted (carpet) wallpaper for walls are more expensive than paper and vinyl counterparts. The surface of these canvases is impregnated with a special nap, imitating a carpet texture. The main advantages of this finish are noise absorption and heat preservation.
- Metal models are made by applying foil to a paper substrate. Paper, you can create any patterns or drawings. The technology of applying the canvas is complicated by the use of special glue, but such wallpaper is convenient to wash, they are durable.
- Cork wallpapers are considered environmentally friendly, have an antibacterial effect, they look unusual. This finish needs a careful choice of style.
- Jute wallpapers are appropriate when creating an eco-style: modern technologies allow you to create jute wallpapers with a paper base. They are glued to a special glue.
- Linkrust is a special technique in which a mass is applied to a paper substrate, which is converted into a special pattern due to a special machine. The advantage of these wallpapers is that they can be painted.
- Textile wallpapers are created with the help of threads, fabrics and paper pulp. These products have thermal and sound insulation properties, have a huge number of colors.
- Liquid wall-paper on drawing reminds plaster, do not leave seams, are put with a roller or an airbrush. They are not rolled sheets, sold in bags in the form of powder.
- Waterproof and fire resistant glass wallpaper is suitable for decorating offices or public places. They do not cause allergies, are not toxic. Consist of specialized fiberglass.
Other varieties include:
- Wood veneer based wallpaper. Such sheets have two layers - paper and veneer.
- Delicate and soft velor wallpaper, subject to mechanical stress and moisture. In general, they are durable.
- Wallpapers on the basis of serpyanka of cellulose cloth (durable, do not stretch).
- Flizelinovye, requiring perfectly flat walls, as they do not tolerate stretching.
Vinyl, non-woven coverings, glass wallpaper, liquid wallpaper, options for painting, paper wallpaper are better suited for the hallway.
For the corridor, designers advise to use neutral colors (preferably light natural shades). The lighter the room, the larger and more spacious it seems. However, the light material quickly gets dirty: the hallway is connected with the street. Splashes, dirt from shoes - everything will be in the hallway (on the floor and walls).
You should choose washable options, although you can combine light colors with dark contrasts.
A competent combination of colors can play into the hands. The color of the walls can be light, while furniture or accessories are selected in a dark shade. If the corridor is made up of cabinets, bedside tables, has many doorways, there are no blank walls, plain wallpaper or versions with a neutral pattern will be the best choice. Photowall-paper or dynamic cloths with an ideological pattern will simply be lost.
There are a number of popular ornaments that fit very well into a corridor or antechamber:
- The white outline of the quatrefoil on a beige background is ideal for lovers of laconic styles.For young and ambitious personalities, you can change the dull beige to any bright shade (mint, yellow, pink, purple).
- Damask patterns look luxurious and appropriate. These neutral motifs will perfectly fit into any hallway, they are characterized by a variety of colors.
- Ikat is an ornament with blurry edges, a pattern that designers especially like. It looks great in clean, close to natural colors solutions, suitable for creating a nautical style.
- Moroccan prints and various grilles are an alternative to quatrefoil.
- Oriental “paisley” (Turkish cucumber) on the wall looks noble in neutral colors.
For the southern and hot interior of the hallway, use African and Mexican ornaments or Aztec patterns. In these patterns it is important to preserve the traditional history of solar countries. Earthen colors, clay, saffron, sand, honey, amber, marsh, herbal and terracotta shades - a distinctive feature of the choice of color in creating the necessary atmosphere.
Popular wallpaper with a vegetable print. Designers have worked well in this direction.Fashionable leafy solutions in the jungle style, artistic images of various ferns, palms, cacti, dandelions and other elements of the plant world can harmoniously fit into the design of the corridor and become its hallmark.
The size of the picture matters. Small picture looks harmonious. Such a pattern will fit in any setting, will not delay attention, demand balance through other decorative elements. Large picture always lays a certain meaning and limitations.
Striped wallpaper - actual print interior for several seasons in a row. In the corridors with a low ceiling they get wallpaper with vertical stripes. They will help to expand the space, visually make it square. It is not necessary that the stripes be from floor to ceiling: there may be only three or five of different widths and colors. In this case, you can glue the walls horizontally.
Dynamic pattern often creates a pressing feeling. It is better to combine such a pattern with a monochrome canvas. The wall of the hallway can be horizontally divided in half: the upper part will contain a motley print, the lower part - a one-colored base.
In the corridor, it is advisable to pick up the lower base of a darker scale: there will be no dirt and splashes from the shoes on it. The joints of wallpaper decorate border. The division of the corridor may be uneven. For example, a narrow bottom and a wide top will beat a low ceiling.
Another way to combine wallpaper - inserts in the form of panels. Usually, the canvas with a pattern is molded, the base in this case is a monochromatic understudy. A peculiar picture can be made using photo wallpaper. This decor does not require to drill a hole in the wall, as for the usual picture, the panel will never fall from the wall.
It is possible to combine wallpaper with another interior decoration. One part can be made of plastic or wood panels. Wood is a more expensive and capricious material. Lightweight plastic, made in a different design, easy to clean, great for the hallway, allows you to create a unique interior. Sometimes wallpaper side by side with a decorative stone or brick.
To avoid trouble with the joints, it is most appropriate to choose a liquid wallpaper. They have a relief structure, similar to felt, come in many different shades.
Masters often spread colorful patterns using this material. The entrance hall often cannot boast of large space and correct form, therefore the idea of wallpapering the ceiling can exacerbate the lack of space.
How to choose?
When choosing wallpaper should take into account the density of the material. Thin paper wallpapers are a thing of the past, their use is complicated by the complexity of pasting cloths (they can break). Paper sheets are poorly stretched, the slightest unevenness of the wall entail uneven joints. The service life of paper wallpaper is small - after a few years, they begin to fall off the surface of the walls. An important minus - these cloths cannot be washed or painted.
Wallpaper for painting - one of the best choices of finishing the walls of the hallway. To freshen the hallway, you will need a roller and the desired paint color. Anyone can handle this, and the process of renovating the walls is quite simple. These canvases have a pleasant texture: the interior will not look boring.
Liquid wallpaper is an interesting design trick. They can be painted, although they are afraid of excessive moisture - they can get soaked and fall off. If you do not want to experiment, you should pay attention to washable non-woven, metal wall coverings or glass wall.It is enough to walk with a wet cloth on the surface - and they are like new.
Modern ideas in the interior
Equivalent horizontal stripes in a spacious hallway look stylish, but this combination is harmonious only in spacious rooms.
Light walls expand the space, the texture with shiny elements supports the chic of the Empire style in the hallway.
Bright wallpaper with ornaments add dynamism to the interior of the hall.
Vegetable print with large leaves of fern on the wallpaper is better to beat in the form of panels.
How to choose the right wallpaper, you can see in the next video.