Interesting design options hall with a staircase in a private house
The design of the hall with a staircase in a private house requires the use of certain artistic techniques to give the whole room a stylistic unity. In this case, you need to correctly link the requirements for utility and ease of use, as well as the solemnity of the first acquaintance with the house.
Features and requirements
The staircase from the first to the second floor in the hall of a cottage or apartment is of particular importance. It connects the rooms of different floors and is the architectural accent of the hall.
Thus, the following requirements are imposed on the stairs in the hall:
- The staircase should be comfortable and safe for lifting and lowering households and visitors. Perilla and extra lighting may be required;
- Consider the sufficient size of the flight of stairs for lifting furniture to the next floor. If the dimensions of the hall do not allow to install a suitable staircase, it is necessary to have an elevator, spare steps outside the house or to lift the furniture to the second and subsequent floors using special rigging through the windows;
- The ability to provide storage space under the stairs;
- The staircase requires a stylistic design approach in the design of this part of the interior. The design of the stairs depends on the type and location of the room.
A common is a rectilinear design with an inter-span platform. This is the most reliable and convenient system: staircases are connected by platforms, as a rule, marches are equipped with railings. Often, such a staircase structure has a window, which provides additional opportunities for interesting interior design options. Such stairs can be the main decoration of the entrance space, but they require a large area and height of ceilings.
For small halls, a compact option is the direct configuration of the span without turntables.This is a convenient and more affordable installation design, but because of the steepness of the rise, not every homeowner will be suitable.
In very small spaces, spiral staircases are installed. They can be beautifully inscribed in the space, decorated with wrought iron elements, but it is not always possible to equip with railings, therefore they have limitations on the safety of ascent and descent.
It will be difficult for people with disabilities and older people to climb and descend the stairs.
Types of fencing
Fences are designed to provide security. No less important is their aesthetic value. Material for the manufacture of railings are used depending on the material of manufacture of the spans and steps.
Fences have a decorative function in the design of stairs. It is desirable that their structure duplicates the main forms of the interior of the hall. So, if the design of the room is made in clear geometric lines, then the type of staircase fencing is also maintained in straight lines. The presence of smooth forms and arched structures in the room determines the use of curved rail elements.
At the peak of fashion - glass designs.Frameless sliding glass doors in the entrance space with the same frameless glass railings look harmoniously. Glass, framed in thin metal, will add stylish chic to the interior.
Extreme design ideas eliminate the railing. This is a very beautiful and light construction, when the steps are fastened directly to the wall and have no fencing.
But not everyone is comfortable, but for children can be dangerous.
The design of a design depends on the location of the stairs in the hall.
- Center accommodation places high demands on design. Here, the staircase is the main accent of the hall, and the finishing materials are chosen the most presentable: natural marble, columns and wrought iron railings will give palace splendor to the entire entrance area. The parquet on the hall floor is supported by the same parquet on the steps, and the railings and balusters are made of the same wood species as the doors, which are located on both sides of the stairs. The staircase without turning spans, located in the central part of the hall, is made of accent materials;
- Lateral location gives the ladder a minor role in the interior. Here the main thing is the organization of the space of the hall itself. The decoration of the stairs supports the basic concept of the style decision of the hall. For the lateral arrangement, both traditional rectilinear structures with or without pivoting platforms and screw constructions are suitable. Regardless of the location, great attention is paid to the materials for the manufacture of stairs.
The modern construction industry produces a huge variety of finishing materials that satisfy the most sophisticated needs: from classic marble to colored impact-resistant glass for the design of a flight of stairs. Consider these options in more detail:
- A natural stone - The oldest material used in construction. Spans of concrete structures on metal fittings are decorated with tiles made of marble or granite with anti-slip effect. Skillfully carved figure railings and balusters are made of solid stone of this stone or have forged elements. Such decoration will add solemnity and create a sense of luxury. Special,if these stones are in the decoration of the walls and floor of the hall; This is an expensive finish and it will be appropriate to look only in a large area.
- Instead of natural, it is advisable to apply fake diamond. Its wear resistance is several orders of magnitude higher, and its appearance is indistinguishable from natural. Such a material has a huge variety of textures and a wide range of colors;
- The most popular have become natural wood stairs. Wood has the necessary strength and has a long history of use in construction. Conifers are most often used, as they are durable and create a feeling of warmth and comfort. The wealth of the owners is underlined by structures of more valuable species - mahogany or oak, which, when processed, give a beautiful structure of fibers and have a wealth of color and texture. As a rule, railings are also made of wood, and in the case of oak fencing can be made of metal or glass;
- Along with an array of wood apply wood particle and wood fiber materials. They are trimmed with natural wood veneer, which significantly reduces the cost of such stairs, but they have less wear resistance;
- Plastic material in terms of design for stairs is metal. Metal ladder can be given any intricate shape. Color solutions are not limited. Structural strength - the highest. The metal is perfectly combined with any material from the interior decoration of the hall: with glass, with stone, with brickwork and simple plaster. A laconic metal staircase will fit in the smallest room and may become a central element of the hall’s exposure, being decorated with elegant fences;
- An innovative approach was the use of laminated glass for steps and fences. This gives lightness and weightlessness of a fairly solid construction, but not everyone likes to walk on the transparent steps. Much more often from glass mount protections.
The staircase in the hall must be properly illuminated. The brightness of the lighting on the stairs is specifically somewhat reduced in relation to the illumination of the hall, so that the space of the hall is dominant. Above the stairs in the ceiling are mounted spotlights in a row along the length of the span. This gives the dynamics of the room.
On the wall along the flight of stairs you can hang several sconces at the same distance from each other in the style of the chandelier of the hall itself.Modern design steps allow you to install LED lighting, which creates a magical atmosphere in the house. Especially impressive is the lighting looks in the glass steps.
A window on the turntable, located opposite the entrance, visually enlarges the space and gives a source of natural light. You can decorate such an opening with lambrequins suitable for the style.
At the site it is worthwhile to install a large flower in a spectacular pots or on a stand in the form of a column with stucco that repeats the pattern of stucco on the ceiling of the front door.
Space under the stairs
The traditional staircase structure occupies a large enough space, and under the spans there appear niches that can be successfully used in the design of the room.
- In the halls with classic renovation niches are trimmed with the same materials as the walls of the entire corridor. In a low space, they arrange an arch and place a couch and a table with a sconce or a floor lamp. The central partition in such a niche can be decorated with wallpaper and placed a chest of drawers. For better illumination of the space, in addition to the illumination, they apply a tint with bright wallpaper or contrasting canvas;
- European style space under the stairs is used as an additional bedroom for temporary accommodation;
- In a small cottage it takes a lot of storage space. A system of cabinets and drawers for household items is built under the flight of stairs. Sometimes these add-ons are installed under each step.
To create an aesthetic composition of the entrance area with a ladder, you need to choose the structural elements and finishes of the same architectural style. For example:
- Owners of huge halls can afford luxury flight of stairs in marble or granite in a classic style. The walls of the hall and the inter-span platform are decorated with identical columns, and the fence supports the same pattern of stucco. Opposite the entrance on the first platform have a huge mirror in the appropriate frame, a valuable picture or a window beautifully draped with cloth. The restraint and sophistication of the classic with a ladder made of wood or metal will emphasize the nobility of the interior;
- The modern dimensions of the halls match the decor in the style of minimalism. Metal, high-strength plastic or glass create functional designs and do not clutter up space.Art deco stairs will require expensive quality materials. Glass with light and the golden color of metal stairs will emphasize the lamps of the laconic metal;
- Chrome fences of the stairs, steps of plastic or glass, chrome finish of the entrance door, metallized fabrics for decoration are all signs of high-tech style;
- Concrete and fittings will organically fit into the interior of industrial design;
- Spiral staircase with its curved lines created for modern style. The window frames of the hall, door covers and railings are made of the same type of metal with the same ornament.
The following ensembles will look harmonious:
- The design of the hall, made in the classical style with a marble staircase;
- The white interior with glass and metal details will emphasize the chic of the art deco style;
- The magnificent smoothness of the lines organizes the hall space with a niche under the stairs in the Art Nouveau style;
- The laconic contrast staircase is suitable for modern minimalism;
- Hall with a ladder made of metal, will look organically in a Mediterranean style.
You will learn more about how to create an interesting design of the hall with a staircase in a private house in the following video.