The white bedroom has a feeling of comfort and tranquility even after a very difficult day, but this color is rather capricious. There are several recommendations and rules that will not allow a place to rest turn into a lifeless "hospital room". If they are observed, the room can not only be filled with comfort, but also increase visually.
Features and benefits
White color in the interior causes a lot of controversy and debate. For some, it is sterile and lifeless, straining. For others, on the contrary, it symbolizes calm, cleanliness and spaciousness.If you correctly select all the details of the interior, the bedroom will look elegant and stylish.
White is not as simple as it seems, because it has a huge number of shades. Some of them are colder - they give blue, silver, gray shades. Others, on the contrary, are warm - with a light yellowness, cream, vanilla. White with shades is more gentle to the eyes than pure bright color. Among the most popular and most frequently used in interiors are: snow, ivory, antique, smoky, flaxen, pearl, baked milk.
This color is basic, that is, in design it can become the main fill. It can be based on unusual and modern ideas, expressed in detail - textiles, accessories, furniture. On a white background, accents are even more noticeable. But white itself is often the key, in which case it is made deeper with the help of lighting, using different textures. To avoid overloading and “sterility” of the design, experts advise dilute it with some color accents.
The undoubted advantage of white is that it, being basic, can be combined with any other.It does not matter whether it is a dark gamut, pastel or neon. This ability allows you to come up with unusual combinations that can be a key feature of the whole bedroom composition.
One of the main advantages of white is its ability to visually increase the size of the room.
This is especially true for those whose bedrooms are small, heavy due to the small space and poor lighting.
Despite the fact that white is a light color, the dust on it is not as clearly visible as on any other, unless it is a glossy surface. Of course, clearly expressed dirty stains from food and drinks, felt-tip pens and other household dyes will be noticeable in any case, regardless of the scale used.
Design projects for the snow-white room
In the fashion of the minimalist trend, which implies the absence in the bedroom of many details and objects, and those that are, can perform several functions simultaneously. And at the same time, modern style stands for maximum comfort in a personal space. That is, it is assumed that if the room owner needs more than a basic set of furniture, then he should strive for the most convenient set of things for himself. Sometimes these two main directions contradict each other, so everyone should set priorities for himself.
Regardless, the multifunctionality of the room is considered the most relevant, especially in standard urban-type apartments, where there is a problem of small space. Thus, a bedroom can become at the same time a place for rest, a study, a dressing room and even a nursery.
In design projects for rooms 13 sq. M. m and less, there are several tricks that help to visually enlarge the room and not litter it.
So, it is recommended to use a vertical pattern on the walls and a diagonal pattern on the floor, and as the furniture, choose something small in size and transforming.
The design of the room should be directly dependent on the needs of its owner. A student or business person who wants to make a workplace out of the bedroom should position the bed by the window and the table closer to the door, while providing it with the necessary lighting. In the studio apartment, in which the bedroom is at the same time a living room, you can use a sofa, which can be used for sleeping.If you want to differentiate the room into zones, you can use bookcases and dressers, screens.
White color is ideal for increasing the visual space, but here you should follow some rules:
- In the bedroom facing the north, it is best to use warm shades. white with a tint of yellow, beige, cream and discard saturated or dark areas. If the windows face the south side, then, on the contrary, you should choose cool shades - blue, silver.
- In general, in a small bedroom, it is best to use a monochrome gamut, not to overload her with different accents. All surfaces should be smooth, be on the same level: painted or stretch ceilings, best of all glossy, smooth wallpaper without large patterns or paint, laminate or carpet on the floor. It is allowed to decorate one wall with geometric or floral patterns.
- In order not to overload the room, you should pay attention to details. It is best to use small furniture, light textiles and curtains, such as tulle, and not heavy curtains. Lighting should not be cumbersome: the ornate chandelier only exacerbates the situation and steals space.It is best of all if the furniture itself serves as accessories, for example, drawing on a mirror or an interesting finish of a curbstone, armchair.
- The spacious dimensions of the room allow the use of large furniture., to complement the design with unusual details, for example, glass partitions or curtains that divide the zones in the studio apartment. In the white interior, you can include other bright and contrasting colors that can litter a small bedroom, but not a large one. In addition, freedom can be experienced in the decoration and selection of lighting fixtures, furniture, decor. So, in a room with a high ceiling, you can hang a large chandelier, put a four-poster bed or a sculpture, and decorate one wall with motley chinoiserie wallpaper.
Registration of rooms in country cottages also depends on the total area. Separately, you can say about the bedroom in a wooden house, because the floor, walls and ceiling there are made of natural material. In this setting, both eco-minimalism and luxurious classics with tapestries and wrought-iron furniture are appropriate. In homes, an interesting design solution can be sloping ceiling shape or large windows. White color is perfectly complemented by natural wood, and together they create a beautiful and light atmosphere.
Due to its versatility, white is used by many styles. Often he is exactly base for various parts, creating a special atmosphere of a particular direction:
- Exquisite and sophisticated classic stylewho takes origins in the Renaissance epoch embodies the sublime taste of the creators of those times. It is inherent in the use of symmetry and the correct geometric shapes, as well as luxury in detail. In the bedroom, made in a classic style, there must be some kind of stucco, columns, carved furniture. If the dimensions of the room allow, it is best to put a four-poster bed. White color is diluted with gold, ivory, ocher, gray, peach, beige. These shades are easy to bring decorative elements, which are used in large quantities in the classical direction. This is especially true of textiles: blankets and bedspreads, tapestries, heavy curtains. And it is best to choose expensive materials - silk, velvet, satin.
The disadvantage of the classic style is that in all its glory it will be out of place in a small room, as it visually reduces the already small space.
- Scandinavian style allows to embody an idea with a bedroom in white color most fully. In general, it can be called minimalistic, since it is customary to use unprincipled classical furniture and to be restrained when decorating. The room decorated in this direction is undoubtedly light, free and comfortable. The interior of the bedroom in the Scandinavian style is simple, not heaped with unnecessary details. Characteristic for this design trend is the use of natural materials or their imitation - stone, wood, ceramics, cotton, flax, leather. The furniture is plain, solid and practical.
White color is the most popular in this direction, and for the overall harmonious picture it is combined with other delicate and light shades - beige, blue, gray, brown. As bright accents, you can choose turquoise, blue, yellow.
- Mediterranean style - Light and sunny on sensations, so it is popular in cold regions. It is simple and comfortable, it does not use luxurious pieces of furniture. Among the main principles of style - convenience, accessibility and functionality.In this direction, preference is given to natural materials and natural colors. In the Greek variety, white is usually supplemented with blue and blue hues, emerald green, lemon, and in Italian - orange, olive, bright yellow.
Notable distinctive features of the decoration of the decor include mosaic tiles, stone and ordinary plaster, rough planks, as well as items with a marine theme: shells, chests, and ship details.
- Style minimalism completely replaces unnecessary and especially luxurious furnishings. This is the most functional and simplified direction in which industrial and natural materials are used in their original form. The room should be spacious, not overloaded with unnecessary furniture. The style involves the play of contrasts - white with gray, black, brown. The walls, ceilings and floors are predominantly monotonous. Most often it is textured plaster and ordinary wallpaper, linoleum, tile, laminate. The furniture is wooden and stylish due to the presence of aluminum, glass, leather parts.
Since this style requires to hide from the eyes all the excess,it is advisable to put in the bedroom multifunctional furniture with built-in drawers. An unusual solution could be a podium with free space inside.
- Provence styleon the contrary, very romantic. It can be realized with the help of soft feather beds, wicker furniture, delicate tulle on the windows, intricate lamp shades, fresh flowers and vegetable prints. The direction is inherent in the use of lace, embroidery, knitted items. Furniture and bedroom decoration is made of natural materials, often with the effect of aging. White is combined with pastel blue and pink, lavender, muted yellow and green.
- Another French, but already more active style - Art Deco. It embodies the glamor and luxury, which is reflected in the interior of the bedroom: everything shines with lacquered and glossy surfaces, polished wood and metal, a large number of mirrors. Silk, velvet, satin, satin, and natural fur are used as textiles. In this direction, geometric motifs and forms are popular: zigzags, clear lines, streamlined curves, as well as animals and ethnic ornaments.White is the basis of Art Deco and is actively used in combination with black. In addition to them, the colors of precious metals and stones are welcome - emerald, sapphire, gold.
Wall, floor and ceiling decoration
So that the room does not look uniform and annoying, you should take care of the details, including the finishing. Its different types will help to achieve certain goals, for example, to fill the bedroom with warmth if it itself goes to the north side.
Natural materials such as wood and stone combine well with white. If the second is rarely used in the design of bedrooms, then the first is often, especially for the floor. Dark wood looks harmoniously with white walls and a ceiling, and also makes the overall space more regular and contoured from a geometric point of view. It is enough for a floor to be the only accent in the whole bedroom in order to add comfort and serenity to the atmosphere.
The tree can also be used as a wall covering. In this case, it will perform the same functions as with the floor - it will bring “warmth”, will focus attention and visually delimit the room.
Some styles include wooden furniture.For example, in the country there are such chairs and chairs. Often the beds are made with the participation of this natural material. All of them can play an independent role of accents or complement the overall interior, in which the decoration on the walls or the floor has already been used.
The design does not necessarily use natural wood, because it has a great value.
In urban apartments, the use of laminate is most relevant - it preserves the natural pattern, while it is much easier to care for it.
On the walls you can use paint or wallpaper, as well as facing materials. They can be monophonic and stand out, for example, with a velvety texture or they can contain prints and patterns.
The design in white is often used the method of highlighting one wall, and in the bedroom it is often this that adorns the head of the bed. In the performance it is simple - the site or the whole accent wall differs significantly in color or texture. It can be colorful wallpaper with a pattern and just darker or saturated in color, as well as the usual brick, wooden finish.
The basic character of white color makes it possible to enrich the interior with the help of a combination of textures: different materials dividing the room into zones, different finishing on opposite walls and so on. So even in a white variation, a painted brick wall or a fleecy carpet on the floor will become necessary accents, making the decor more voluminous.
White color is most common in the design of the ceiling, as it visually makes the room taller, even if we are talking about ordinary Khrushchev-style houses. Its decoration should depend, first of all, on the characteristics of the room. If the dimensions of the bedroom are small, it is better to simply align the top, for example, using a suspended ceiling with a glossy surface. If the size of the room allows, then you can make multi-level construction of drywall or combine it with other materials, such as wood and textiles.
Curved ceilings with bevels, slopes and unusual shape are found in ordinary apartments infrequently, but are common in cottages and houses. This feature allows you to make the finish minimal, since the design is interesting in itself. You can use plain paint or wallpaper.
Choosing and placing furniture
In the bedroom, the key role is played by the bed. Her choice should depend on how many people live in the room, in what relationship they are, as well as the size of the room itself.If in the bedroom you need to put two beds for two children, teenagers or adults, it would be better if they are completely the same. A two-tier structure can be used as space saving.
If the room is small, then you should choose minimalist in design options without bulky details, for example, a chic wrought-iron backrest.
Large elements will visually reduce the already small room.
The size of the bed should depend on the physical characteristics of the person, but on average there is enough length of 190 cm and width up to 150 cm. There are also less standardized options, for example, huge super king beds, which fit only into large bedrooms.
If the bedroom is at the same time a living room, then a good option would be a disassembling sofa. There are many types of transformation mechanisms, for example, folding or roll-out. The size also varies from a small single couch to a full place for two people to sleep. When installing such a sofa should consider the method of transformation, because you may need extra space against the wall or free space for the departing platform.
Bedrooms rarely do without cabinets in which clothes are stored. Significantly save space wardrobes with sliding doors. Opening doors suggest free space in front of the furniture. Often there are models of cabinets with additional open shelves on which you can put books, souvenirs, frames. Glass doors will visually increase the size of the room.
Bedside tables are completely optional in the bedrooms, especially if the closet accommodates all things. However, small bedside models are often installed in which you can store all the necessary fines. Dressing table and chair can also perform the role of the workplace. It should be installed only if the size of the room allows it or not another place in small apartments. Another optional purchase for the bedroom is the armchair, which should be located there only if there is free space.
In small apartments it is better to refuse to use a large amount of furniture, as it clutters up space.
An excellent option would be multifunctional and transforming objects, such as ottomans with a box inside, a sofa with linen units in the pan.
If the owner of the room aims to fill it with white furniture, then the ideal option would be a modular bedroom. It is a set of items needed to fill the room. Most often the set consists of a bed, several pedestals, a wardrobe, but you can find more varied options. Modular furniture is good because Each item is made in the same style, adheres to the same concept, and therefore harmonizes with each other. Thus, the bedroom furniture is a whole.
More complete sets of a modular bedroom include not only basic items, but also necessary ones, for example, for a working or dressing area. In the sets there are mirrors, tables, chairs. Most often in the catalogs immediately proposed design option placement of furniture in the room, which you can take as an example. Modular furniture is able to completely force the bedroom, which will be complemented by a few touches - decor and textiles.
White furnishings can be the perfect backdrop for any creativity. Posters, photos, paintings on white walls will look more saturated.It concerns figurines, sculptures, vases and other decor, standing on the floor or shelves. This color helps distinguished objects to play with new colors, and the monotony of the overall design helps to focus attention on interesting details.
This feature of white can be used if the apartment or house has an unusual finish on the ceilings, walls or floor. So you can give new life to vintage furniture, old mosaic parquet or fireplace.
To make the bedroom more comfortable, you should use natural materials: cotton, linen, wool. Objects with different textures bring saturation to the overall situation, so you can safely combine metal with wood, porcelain with silver, and fur with mirror surfaces. Living plants also have a positive effect on comfort - the main thing is to choose those that do not have a strong aroma.
Add bright accents
White color is universal in combinations, which is worth using when thinking through the interior. Adding dark, bright or pastel gamut can make it more rich, deep and comfortable. When placing accents It is not recommended to use contrasting, variegated and very dark colors in the caseif the bedroom has a small size.
In the case of a small space, it is better to use calm combinations.
One of the first things to consider is a combination of white with other basic colors:
- Black - permanent classics, which, however, should be used carefully. If you make it more active, the interior will get more gothic, and not light and bright. If only some details are sustained in such color, for example, a bedspread or curtains, you will get an elegant and modern design. You can use black and white patterns on the wallpaper or bedding, which will also look harmonious and not catchy.
- Gray and silver can convey the spirit of modernity and industrial, to modernize the interior. It can be present in the decoration of walls, for example, under a natural stone or concrete, and in the form of textiles or decorative elements. Often found painted in gray furniture. You can add color to a room in a variety of ways, from the decoration of the walls and the floor to the details of the decor. With the help of bed linen, bedspreads, blankets, pillows and rugs, you can completely create a different mood, periodically replacing the overall color scheme.
- Curtains, tapestries, carpets, large wall decorations, large décor, such as floor vases and flower pots, will become more permanent. They can be quite bright and catchy, while not becoming inappropriate spots. White, on the contrary, will help them to stand out neatly and with taste. We are talking about such colors as turquoise, purple, lilac, green, purple and others.
- Unusual and fashionable look red, maroon, dark blue heavy curtains, even if they are the only color accent in the bedroom.
- While saturated colors become active elements of the interior and attract attention specifically to themselves, they blend more smoothly into the light design. pastel shades - beige, light blue, pink.
- Golden and silver colors may be different saturation. They are good for creating classic and luxurious interiors, they can be present in the form of forged details on furniture, embroidery on curtains or blankets, wallpaper designs.
Natural shades are universal and most easily fit into the design. They are not as contrasting as bright colors, and at the same time do not create a monochrome effect, like black.
- Different shades of brown, from chocolate to walnut, simply incorporated into the interior with laminate, wooden beams on the ceiling, parquet and, of course, furniture.
It is thanks to color accents that the white interior is no longer boring, it becomes dynamic. It is not necessary to use a lot of bright details, even a few will suffice - vases and frames on the wall or curtains. They can make the setting interesting and cozy at the same time, depriving it of “sterility”.
So that the white bedroom does not seem lifeless, it is very important to choose the right light. He will be able to give the situation warmth or, on the contrary, to compensate for his overabundance with cold shades. Also, despite the bright interior, it will still contain dark corners that need to be lit.
In the bedroom should not use very bright lamps or those who have the ability to adjust the lighting power. Thus, if necessary, for example, to read books or documents, you can increase the brightness of the illuminator, and then let your eyes rest after a long day, turning it down.
It is not recommended to use different "temperature" of lighting in the same room.Moving from one range to another will irritate the eyes and create a messy environment. On the south side, you can choose a lamp with a cool shade, and on the north - warm ones.
Natural lighting can also be manipulated, although in a city apartment it is much more complicated than in your own home. In the last dark room you can give more light, if you put the window on the entire wall. To create a unique atmosphere, you can use models with a stained glass window.
In the apartments, you can only not interfere with the natural light to enter the bedroom by hanging thin curtains. An excellent option would be a set consisting of thin and thick curtains, which replace each other with the help of an adjusting cord. Thus, the day is bright, and in the morning the sun will not blind in the eyes.
Evenly disperse the natural light around the room using mirror surfaces. The mirror on the whole wall or on the cabinet doors will be just the way, besides, they visually expand the space.
Beautiful ideas in the interior
A tender bedroom can be made with soft color accents. Light pink pillows and soft upholstery on the ottoman, as well as golden decor elements give the overall atmosphere of romance. This is facilitated by a functional table and a crystal chandelier.
Minimalistic design in white with a mattress on the floor instead of a full bed. The main highlight of the interior can be called wallpaper with the image of the mountains. They are the main color accent.
Monochrome black and white interior. White flooring and walls can be visually diluted with items such as a floor lamp, a painting and bedding. In such a minimalist setting, instead of the closet you can put a floor coat hanger.
How in the white bedroom to focus on one of the walls, see the following video.