Choose a color for the bedroom
When choosing a color for a bedroom, it is important to consider that some shades can soothe and relax the body, while others contribute to vigorous activity. Therefore, it is important to know which colors - what function they perform. How to choose the right color in the bedroom can be obtained from designers and even scientists from the Edinburgh Sleep Center.
Which is better to choose the color: design tips
Designers and scientists from the Edinburgh Sleep Center have opinions on the value of a particular color per dream.But opinions on specific colors for painting walls differ.
Blue and blue
In the first place designers put blue color for sleep. And according to scientists, people with blue bedrooms sleep longer than people with bedrooms in other colors. According to scientists at the Edinburgh Sleep Center, specialized receptors in our eyes (the same cells that report the daily rhythms of our brain) are most sensitive to the shade of the wave.
Surprisingly, the second color, suitable for sleeping according to the designers, is yellow. Sun shade stimulates the nervous system, promoting relaxation. In addition, a delicate yellow tint creates instant comfort in any bedroom.
Green color is in third place for the design of bedrooms. According to scientists, people who sleep in the green bedroom, are awakening, feeling optimistic and positive.
Oddly enough, many designers advise choosing silver bedrooms. But according to scientists, people with silver bedrooms can get an unexpected side effect. Most of those who had silver bedrooms said that they were more motivated for morning exercises in their bedroom.
According to scientists, people with purple bedrooms are the least rested of all, getting an average of a tiny five hours and 56 minutes of sleep per night. Eggplant rich design stimulates mental activity, making it difficult to turn off the mind after a busy day and potentially causes vivid dreams or nightmares. Therefore, designers are advised to mix purple with white, creating a delicate shade of it (bedrooms in lilac, lavender or plum color are appropriate), only in this case the effect of color will be minimal.
Coffee bedrooms are not as cozy as they may seem. Color can make room residents feel nervous, uncomfortable, and restless. Designers use the shade "milk oak" mainly in private homes. Due to the large number of windows and light, the room does not seem so gloomy and the very appearance of a private house helps to decorate the room in the color of "coffee with milk".
Black is also not a good choice for a bedroom. It seems that the room will look quite gloomy, in fact - it is not.She would rather be stylish - so say the designers. A study of scientists has shown that people slept much more precisely in the bedroom of graphite color with black bedding.
Beige and powder
Designers like to offer this design bedrooms newlyweds. And for good reason. According to scientists, couples who sleep in a bedroom with peach, ivory-colored, vanilla or gold decor, make love on average three times a week - this is more than with any other shade.
Red bedrooms are not suitable for lovers. Designers found this color a fashion of the last century and try not to use it in their layouts. Even the color of fuchsia or terracotta fashionable today is used less and less. The exception is lingonberry - pillows, lamps and other small interior elements are decorated with such a shade.
White is suitable for those who are accustomed to rest in the bedroom. Because I do not want to work overtime in such a bedroom. Designers rarely offer this shade to customers - in their opinion, it is extremely impractical.
Strips, stencil patterns, sponge dyeing and textures can add style to any bedroom.For a truly unique design, you can paint your ceiling with the same shade as the walls. Some interior designers recommend using ceiling paint of muted colors so that the emphasis is on the interior of the room, and not on the ceiling.
The right combination of tones in the room
If the bedroom has a bathroom and dressing room or living room, it is best to plan the colors for all these spaces in general. This does not mean that the colors of the colors in the bedroom and the bathroom should be the same, but they should complement each other. So you can create a single view that will turn the bedroom into the perfect personal space, which is so often lacking.
The combination of black and white gives energy and strength, and thanks to the simplicity of the combination, a soothing element is obtained, which may be absent with other combinations. This simple color scheme makes it possible to use large patterns.
A large black screen painting or a repeating pattern on a white wall can provide a stunning effect. A black soft headboard with a white wall, with a white fur cover and decorative elements creates a look of decadent luxury. Black and white combination, as a rule, is considered the most suitable in modern design, but this does not mean that you can not try it in a more traditional style. Forged or wooden furniture, painted black and combined with soft white linens and an artificial fur blanket, brings elegance and romance to the bedroom, and a wall of beads painted white adds a nostalgic shade.
The choice of two-color bedroom does not mean that you can not use other shades. The combination is combined with one bright color, and this may provide an opportunity to add touches to your favorite shade, be it red, yellow, cobalt blue or another shade. Using gray accents can help combine two contrasting colors together, creating a soothing effect.
Black and combinations with it can lead to the fact that the space will become smaller, so when using shades you need to take into account the size of the room. Many people are afraid to use black on the walls of their bedroom, but white, contrasting bedding and a large mirror or artwork on a large white canvas over the headboard will help the rooms not to look depressing.
Green has the ability to mix with all the colors in the spectrum, making it an ideal choice for walls, bedspreads, carpets and even floors. Some green shades work well together. Therefore, all shades of furniture fit the green walls.
The choice of colors according to psychologists
According to psychologists, the main thing is to decide what mood the tenant wants to install in his bedroom. Most homeowners want this space to be a place with soothing tones. But this does not mean that bright or dark shades do not belong here. You can use a palette of neutral shades to create an appearance that will leave room for bright accents on bedding, pillows, lamps, and other accessories. A neutral palette also works well because you can change the colors of your accessories according to your mood.
If you want more color on the walls of the bedroom, let the passions be the guides of homeowners. If the inhabitants love green, let them paint the walls green or azure. This is one of the best colors for bedrooms, because it has elements of both warm and cold shades, there is a wide range of shades from which to choose.With green you can imagine your room in a modern, traditional or eclectic style. It looks great with extra bright colors of furniture.
If red is a favorite color, you can use it in the bedroom, but be careful. Red stimulates and too much of this color can have an overwhelming effect.
In this case, it is better to choose a muted shade or try to use the red color on one wall or behind the back of the bed, or on the wall with large windows to break the intense color. You should be careful with the use of wood furniture in the room with red walls, as it can look pretentious.
According to psychology, soft shades will be more relaxing. Psychologists even recommend black, especially for spouses. But in case it is mixed with white furniture and with bright touches, such as yellow or turquoise. Bright colors may not be the best options for adults who are looking for a place to relax in the evenings, but if one of these shades is a favorite for the child, psychologists advise using it. A bright shade will turn his bedroom into a fun space.
White, wenge, cappuccino - colors that can create a soothing atmosphere. Lighter shades can also help a small room feel more spacious and airy.
According to psychologists, the color purple stimulates brain activity, so it is a good choice for those who have a working area in the bedroom.
Three most popular colors for bedrooms today:
Lighter options of purple, such as lavender and lilac, bring the same calm feeling to the bedrooms, like blue, but without the risk of feeling the impersonality of the room. Soothing pastel lavender is an excellent choice for a child’s and adult’s bedroom. You can also mix hues in varying degrees of intensity to create a layered or textured effect.
A mixture of violet and red is also popular. This creates a greater emphasis on the walls of the bedroom. Shoppers also choose purple pillows, rugs, draperies or lamps in the white bedroom to add an accent. Many people paint only one wall with this color, thereby highlighting certain parts of their room.
Bright shades of pink add a touch of glamor to the room.
But most do not want their room to look too feminine, so they mix their pink walls with a tufted back and carpets in bright green / soft brown or put a bed with a large wooden headboard. Rich pink with purple tones can create a seductive design in a romantic bedroom. Pink with hints of raspberry and rose can add extra romance to the room.
Many mix pink with green. Bright pink looks great when it is connected with a white bed, chest of drawers and other furniture. To decorate in the art deco style to the pink walls, you can choose black as an accent and shiny silver metal lamps. Hot pink looks great with other colors such as green, blue, turquoise or orange.
Emerald, green and other shades of green combine the color qualities of yellow with the soothing effect of blue. It is the color of nature, fertility, life and balance. The bedroom in olive, mint, pistachio, and green flowers symbolizes self-esteem, harmony and well-being.Shades range from bright and cheerful to deep and elegant. It is believed that if the house does not know what color to paint the bedroom, you need to start with green.
The subdued green color goes well with the modern and craft style, which includes many wooden objects in the room. Deep green looks good with a more traditional decor and can be mixed with other colors such as crimson, burgundy or brown for an elegant look.
The walls are shades of green apple or lemon color perfectly complement any decor. If households love ultra-bright colors, then you can choose a shade of lime green in combination with purple or red.
Color palette and styles
- Tropical. The general palette of this style is light and airy (colors: green, blue, white). The room is decorated with dark wooden wicker furniture made of rattan or leather. Fancy tropical motifs such as palm trees, monkeys, flowers and pineapples, as well as ceiling fans, curtains and white or light bedding distinguish this style from the rest.
- Italian. The palette of earthly tones (mustard yellow, pumpkin orange, brown, olive green, red and gold) seems to give warmth to the interior. Heavy wooden furniture with a concise. but rich decor gives style elegance.
- Modern. Functional, simple, clean and classic colors are the hallmarks of a modern bedroom. The palette is usually muted, relying on neutral tones, such as gray, brown, cream and black. In the modern bedroom there is typical furniture with simple lines, as well as interesting lighting fixtures and the use of mirrors and glass as accents. Mixing textures does not allow the style to be cool.
- Asian. The Asian-style bedroom usually has dark furniture, often lacquered and with ornate inserts in Asian motifs. The palette is based on natural colors: from dark brown and black to creamy white, soft yellow or brown. Although the overall style is somewhat decorative, it is not at all fussy, because the number of accessories is kept to a minimum.
- Nautical. It is not necessary to live near the coast to fall in love with this light style.Palette: blue, green, white and brown, sometimes with accents of red. Natural materials: seagrass and sisal mixed with old, painted wood, keep the style unconstrained. You can use several coastal decorating motifs, such as anchors or sea shells.
- Traditional. The traditional bedroom is more formal, but still comfortable and welcoming. Furniture is usually combined with elements of decorative style. While the color scheme is based on neutral tones, it is easy to liven up the room with a more bold color on the walls or bedding.
- Flower motifs. In the bright, cozy bedroom floral prints evoke a calm mood, especially if the bedroom is in a cottage.
- Classic "ditzy florals"Looks great, especially when mixed several styles. You can keep linen, quilts and pillows in the bedroom in a floral motif, and paint the walls in white.
- Motifs with animals - classic decorative idea to create a comfortable atmosphere. You can decorate part of the room with such a print or focus on one thing.For example, the back of the headboard can be decorated with a print with animals, while floral ornaments decorate pillows and lampshades.
- Cell. Ideal for a bedroom with vintage handmade furniture. The walls in the cage go well with the muted colors of bed linen and dim pillows.
Rules for choosing a favorable color range
- The easiest way to choose the best colors for a bedroom - start with flowers that love households. Using your own favorite color as the base color, you can create a color scheme for the entire interior.
- Inspiration for choosing the color scheme of the interior. Magazines and catalogs have always been the main sources of ideas for design. You need to memorize your favorite color combinations and use it later in your bedroom.
- No need to learn color theoryto get great ideas from a small color wheel. These inexpensive tools can quickly generate color schemes. As you turn the wheel, you can see how colors can be connected to each other and learn the basics of color theory. You can choose the shades of these colors in your favorite paint store.
- You need to understand that neutral colors are not that boring.. Just because when choosing neutral colors of paint, you can at any time update your neutral color palette, showing a creative approach to the use of colors. A striped wall in neutral colors adds a highlight to the room.
- Easy to create color table using famous paintings. You can choose a color from the artwork in the museum. Most artists are masters of color and light, creating their own color schemes for their works. You can benefit from their understanding by choosing a color from your favorite work of art.
- Do not forget to try lighter or darker shades of your favorite colors.. Sometimes a small adjustment is needed to find the right shade.
Fashionable interior design ideas
Blue and white colors are the source of inspiration in this room, and the unique chandelier gives the space a casual elegance.
Pretty floral bedroom. Hand-painted floral wallpaper has become the starting point for every other element in this bedroom: apple green carpet, hot pink velvet soft bed and patterned bedding.
The highlight of this room is the screen wall with an accent behind the bed. A bright blanket is covered with a soft blue bedspread. This dims the room too bright.
You can change the usual white walls to pale pink, thereby creating a soft and romantic atmosphere.