Flowers and plants in the bedroom
The beauty and decorativeness of flowers - these are the reasons why they are purchased. Few people think about their health properties or effects on the nervous system. And this is very important when choosing flowers for the bedroom, because this is a place for rest and relaxation, the accumulation of new forces for the coming day.
Can I keep flowers in the bedroom?
Many do not dare to grow flowers in the bedroom, citing their harmful effects. But still there are such plants and flowers that are suitable for the bedroom, because they have a positive effect on human health. But it is important not to overdo it with their quantity, as the plants grow at night and absorb a large amount of oxygen, which is so necessary for restful sleep. Another nuance - the plants should be located no closer than one meter from the bed. Considering all these recommendations, you can have flowers in the bedroom, but not all of them are suitable for oxygen and dust absorption.
Favorable indoor plants
Potted flowers are full of variety. But for the bedroom more suitable representatives of green plants, without a large number of flowers and sugary aroma:
- Chlorophytum - an excellent humidifier, which is important for dry heating seasons. Also, the plant cleans the air from harmful gases, eliminates microorganisms, acts as a neutralizer of toxic compounds. For a complete cleaning of one room, four such plants are enough.
- Sansevieria or "Teschin language" has a lot of advantages. This plant produces oxygen both during the day and at night; ideally, 8 sheets are enough for everyone in the bedroom for maximum beneficial effects - strengthening immunity, stabilizing pressure, fighting headaches. It copes well with the filtration of harmful substances such as benzene and formaldehyde, which is perfect for city apartments.
- Spathiphyllum or lily of the world - female flower for female energy.Along with the active production of oxygen, perfectly moisturizes the air, thus neutralizing the microbes that are dangerous to the respiratory tract. This flower is responsible for the normalization of energy. Also perfectly detoxifies alcohols, acetone, ammonia, benzene, xylene. Spathiphyllum will ease the state during aggressive flavors from repairing neighbors.
- Ficus neutralizes harmful toxins, releasing into the air volatile, which reduces the risk of viral diseases. It moisturizes the air and enriches the room with oxygen. The leaves of the plant trap dust, which is then easily removed with a damp cloth. From the point of view of feng shui teaching, this plant brings peace and tranquility, which is why it is so valuable for the bedroom.
- Ficus benjamina able to relieve stress and normalize sleep. Perfectly copes with smells of household chemicals, finishing materials. Enriches the room with oxygen and helps to humidify the air.
- Geranium or pelargonium is a neutralizer of carbon monoxide and chemicals. Rescues from staphylococcus and streptococcus. Beneficial effect on the nervous system and respiratory organs. The plant is perfectly combined with female energy, thereby perfectly influencing the hormonal background.The fragrance of the flower perfectly repels insects, however, it can also cause allergies, so before purchasing you need to start to check its absence.
- Hamedorea - A plant that saturates the air with ozone, the smell of freshness. Fills the room with oxygen and moisturizes the atmosphere. Along with these properties, it copes with the absorption of poisonous mixtures and the neutralization of benzene and trichlorethylene.
- Chrysanthemum brings energy of peace. It produces phytoncides and perfectly absorbs household aromas such as cigarette smoke, the smell of plastic, ammonia. neutralizes formaldehydes.
- Violet stabilizes nerve processes. Psycho-emotional influence depends on color. White flowers weaken nervous breakdowns, relieve stress, purple - unite, relieve the house of negative energy, and red and pink are a source of satisfaction and joy.
- Cactus cleans the air well, and the longer the needles, the better for the bedroom. It fights microbes, reduces air ionization, which is a guarantee of protection against electromagnetic waves.
- Dracaena tones and cleanses the energy, while enhancing positive emotions.Well humidifies air and enriches with oxygen space.
- Aloe kills bacteria that provoke diseases, heals the bedroom atmosphere. Two or three plants are able to maintain immunity in excellent condition during the most dangerous periods. It also absorbs toxic substances from harmful furniture from chipboard (up to 90 percent). From the point of view of medicine, this plant is also unique. The energy of the plant creates protection from misfortune and removes electrification, while the plant does not like a lot of people.
- "Money Tree", first of all, is responsible for the material side, and is a symbol of wealth, accumulating positive energy. It also absorbs negative energy, cleansing the space. It can rightly be called a filter plant, as it neutralizes harmful substances and absorbs odors. It gives off oxygen well.
- Begonia as well as the money tree - a symbol of wealth. The fragrance helps to cope with depression and illness. The flower is especially recommended for the bedroom of an elderly person. Neutralizes harmful microbes.
- Kalanchoe - antidepressant plant. Actively emit oxygen, helping to moisten the air.
- Palm - a beautiful decorative element for the bedroom. Along with beauty, it enriches with oxygen and humidifies the room it is in with air. It is a source of energy for freshness and strength.
- Laurel - universal plant. Moisturizes and cleans the bedroom air. It soothes the nervous system, relieves migraines, intestinal spasms, increases blood circulation, which is good for the brain.
- Citrus - lemon, orange, tangerine, lime - they all have a positive effect on the respiratory system and produce healing substances, which have a beneficial effect on the aura of the room. They kill microbes and reduce their reproduction.
What are not suitable for the bedroom?
Yet not all members of the green family are suitable for the bedroom. These include the plants of the night - those that are active at night and absorb oxygen, strongly smell, which threatens with allergies, neuroses and nausea, and of those who, according to Feng Shui, are energetic not suitable for bedroom:
- Orchid. It would seem, why it is impossible to keep such a gentle and beautiful flower in the bedroom? But here, in terms of energy and essential oils, this plant is dangerous to sleep. The orchid is dangerous in that it provokes insomnia, headaches, an aggressive and irritable condition in the morning and is depressive and tired all day long.
- Lily. It hurts its excessive absorption of oxygen and a large release of carbon dioxide, hence the morning headaches and a feeling of depression and fatigue. To the same type of sleeping pests can be attributed, and fern.
- Jasmine. Also, as the lily absorbs a lot of oxygen, but in addition to this, its bright smell can cause allergic reactions, nausea and headache.
- Dieffenbachia. The plant is rich in moisturizing properties, cleans the air of phytoncides well, but it is very poisonous. Contact with juice on the skin causes severe irritation, itching. Even worse, if the plant falls on the mucous membrane - swelling of the tongue and blindness will become its consequence. These include tuberose, croton, Japanese rode, oleander.
- Hydrangea. The plant is beautiful, but is fraught with allergic reactions from the aroma and pollen of the plant.
- Monstera. It absorbs energy, thereby literally “strangling” a person in a dream, taking in a large amount of oxygen in the bedroom.
- Philodendron. Dangerous poisoning and lesions of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Azalea. The luxurious hat of thick colors for the bedroom is not suitable, as it can cause cramps and even colic and stomach cramps.
- Mimosa and tulip Gesner. Dangerous to hair, as it has a negative effect on hair follicles, which is fraught with hair loss and baldness.
We consider the location
Flower beds arrange in the bedroom is not worth it, because the plants absorb oxygen and can strangle the owner of a large number. 3-4 large plants are enough for a bedroom. The larger the flower in size, the farther it should be from the bed, as it can “steal” oxygen and the power of the sleeper. Tall plants are closer to the window at a distance of two meters. Smaller plants can be kept closer, but not less than a meter from the bed.
Plants can be in pots, on pedestals and whatnot or in limbo. It depends only on the desire of the owners and the design of the bedroom.
It should be remembered that the higher the flower, the more it needs to be moistened, because the dry and warm air rises. But the plants, which are located on the floor, can be limited to weekly watering.
Refresh the design of the plant high, with developed leaves. But for lovers of peace suitable plants of small size. For quiet pastel tones of the bedroom, begonias will suit, help to liven up the space of geraniums with bright colors. However, do not overdo it with variegation, so as not to overload the eyes and not to tire the brain.The bedroom in the first place - a place to rest.
Tips for choosing
For the bedroom, it is better to pick flowers that are unpretentious, since often this place is dark, rather dry and warm.
Shade plants will feel as comfortable as possible in the bedroom. When choosing colors you need to consider the following points:
- the plant should not contain poisons;
- lack of sharp aromas;
- positive energy of the flower.
Pick up plants neat and developed. This is important for maintaining their positive energy required for a family bed. But Feng Shui recommends to settle the flowers of red and orange shades in the room to improve the sex life of the partners. Exotic and unfamiliar plants in the bedroom should not be taken. Slow-growing flowers are best suited, as they absorb less energy. Household plants should contain the maximum benefit, and for the bedroom these plants - additional moisturizers and cleaners.
Artificial flowers as an alternative
If you are not a lover of greenery, then artificial flowers can be a great alternative. Today the market is replete with various representatives of the flora,and in appearance they are not inferior to real flowers. They are good unpretentiousness - they do not need to be watered, to change the earth, to spray.
If the bedroom is on the sunny side, artificial flowers will decorate the window sills and there will be no risk that they will burn from the excessive influence of the sun's rays. They only burn out a little, after which they can be replaced. No matter how good artificial flowers are, remember that they collect dust, so they must be constantly cleaned to avoid allergies and irritations.
Green plants always bring to the house an atmosphere of comfort and warmth. They also affect mood and health. Therefore, it is necessary to carefully select flowers for the bedroom so that this place becomes a real paradise for rest and recuperation.
About what flowers should be in each bedroom, see the following video.