Design small bedroom 6-7 square. m
Spacious room gives almost endless possibilities for planning, choice of style, design, decoration, decor. No problem with that. Things are easy - the owner’s imagination and financial capabilities. Radically the opposite situation, when the dimensions of the bedroom barely allow you to place there a bed or sofa. And you want to equip it no less stylish, modern and beautiful than a spacious room. About all the nuances relating to the arrangement of the bedroom area of 6-7 square. m, tell our article.
Features of planning
A small area of the room, of course, limits the ability to choose furniture, color, design. Therefore, at the stage of development of interior design it is necessary to carefully consider several options, sketches, schemes.This will allow you to choose the ideal option for a miniature bedroom, depending on its configuration, structural elements, the presence of a window.
Rooms with a size of 2 to 3 meters or a little more than limitations have certain advantages. Not all people prefer spacious rooms, especially when it comes to a room for rest and sleep. In this case, a cozy room of 6-7 m2 with a window is exactly what you need. Nothing extra - just a bed, a minimum of furniture, soft diffused light, pleasant decor. A cozy corner, where you want to return after a hard day and relax in a pleasant, relaxing atmosphere.
Despite the variety of styles, materials, finishes, design options, there are a few general principles that are followed when developing the design of small rooms:
- Light color range (dull shades and tones not only do not reduce the small space, but also make the room more light and spacious);
- Optimal use each square centimeter of free area;
- Selection of sleeping area;
- Replacing floor bollards and shelving mounted shelves;
- Use light curtainsthin curtains instead of heavy drapes;
- Using different design techniques in one interior;
- Use of additional light sources if necessary.
A small area of the room, with proper selection and placement of furniture, allows you to create a small working area, if necessary. A light curtain or screen will allow it to be separated from the bed, and a desk, a chair and a small hanging shelf will suffice as furniture.
Very often, in order to expand the living space, they use the method of combining bedrooms with other rooms, for example, a living room. At the same time, the sleeping place will be fenced off from the rest of the space by a canopy, curtain, screen, partition.
Even 6-7 square. m may be sufficient area to create an interior, decorated in a pronounced stylistic direction. To do this, you need to know the basic principles of this style and show your imagination. A room designed in a particular style always looks more advantageous than just a beautifully furnished room. The stylistic decision makes the interior complete, harmonious, solid.
Of course, not all directions will look equally harmonious in a small room. Especially it concerns magnificent, pompous, fancy styles (baroque, rococo or art deco). They suggest the presence of solid furniture, bright colors, rich decor. However, there are several more concise directions that will look equally interesting, stylish and beautiful. This is a classic, minimalism, Provence, eco-style, eastern directions. These styles imply bright colors in the design, concise, elegant decor, classic furniture.
Let's tell about them in more detail:
- Modern style. The bedroom, decorated in this style, assumes calm shades, beautiful furniture, the lack of lush decor. Monochrome materials are used for the walls, ceiling and floor. As decorations can be used beautiful fittings, a mirror, furniture made of polished wood. The decor allows for the presence of small floor lamps or classic sconces, indoor plants, ceramic ornaments.
- Classic. Classic bedroom never goes out of fashion.Therefore, the classic style is one of the most popular. He is not crying, not vulgar, it is characterized by refinement, elegance, nobility in colors and furniture. Delicate shades of beige, milky, peach, pink, lilac, green, sand and other colors make the interior very light, airy.
- Interior "antique". The decor in the form of old stucco, silver or ceramic jewelry, crystal helps to create the atmosphere of a luxurious palace in the smallest room. Beautiful materials are used for decoration: velvet, satin, silk, jacquard. But they should not be too much, everything is very concise and restrained.
- Provence. The ideal solution for those who prefer French refinement and elegance. For decoration, an exceptionally delicate, bright palette is used: white-pink, blue, lilac, green, yellow. Textile additions and accessories are required: a bedspread, a rug, curtains with a small ornament (polka dots, flowers, a cage). Bedroom furniture in Provence style should be as simple and strict as possible. The use of natural materials and compositions of live and artificial flowers is welcomed.
- Loft. This style is characteristic of bright, unusual natures, rejecting all the usual and well-established.The name of the direction received from the former factories and industrial warehouses, which at one time were converted into residential premises. From the old production workshops in the apartment remained brick walls, devoid of any decoration, high ceilings and open windows. The minimum decor, characteristic of this style, can be very useful for the design of a small room. The color scheme is quite limited: black, white, gray, brown. Additional styling for an abandoned factory room is given by open lamps without lampshades, walls imitating brickwork or concrete, and a plank floor.
- Minimalism. Minimalism is another very good direction for finishing a tiny room. This style is characterized by the complete absence of any excesses in the design (hemstones, roses, tassels, bows, ruffles, frills). The color scheme usually consists of a combination of two contrasting or similar in color shades. The interior design is built in clear, regular geometric lines, the furniture is very standard, no unusual forms. Such an interior will appeal to business people who prefer rationality in everything, including in the design of their homes.
- Scandinavian style. A distinctive feature of the style is a combination of different very light, transparent, cold tones. It is primarily white, gray and blue. Such a stylistic decision will be optimal for a room whose windows face the sunny side. Cold colors will give a feeling of freshness and winter coolness even on the hottest and sunny day.
One of the recommendations for the design of small rooms says that the color range of furniture, decoration, decor should be bright. Dark and bright, saturated colors not only visually reduce a small space, but also make it darker and heavier.
The pastel range of colors is rich and diverse enough to choose the ideal option for the bedroom. Before choosing a color, you should take into account the design features of the room, its area, configuration, location and, of course, your own desires and preferences.
Different shades of peach, orange, yellow, light pink, and milky color will help make the room facing the north side more warm and cozy. And vice versa - cold shades of lilac, blue, pistachio color will help to muffle a bright and sunny interior.Natural, natural tones will help to create an atmosphere of comfort and warmth.
Consider how this or that color or its shade, I can beat the design of a small bedroom in a winning way:
- White color. The lightest, cleanest, lightest color instantly transforms even the most modest interior, making it elegant and beautiful. In the snow-white bedroom will always reign an atmosphere of comfort and tranquility. To dilute this idyll with bright colors will help colored lamps or decor items;
- Blue color relieves tension, cools the room in hot summer, gives calm and tranquility. Blue bedroom - a great option for people engaged in active business. Blue color will help relieve tension and give a charge of energy and a positive attitude;
- Shades of green have a beneficial effect on the psycho-emotional state of a person, help relieve tension, soothe the nerves. Very light and pleasant color;
- Purple color goes well with green, yellow and pink hues. The bedroom, decorated in such colors, looks very comfortable and warm;
- Different shades of yellow will help to add to the small bedroom of bright, sunlight.
Wall, floor and ceiling decoration
Choosing a suitable finish for the room, do not forget that wall coverings, ceiling and floor should not be too embossed, heavy and textured. Volumetric ornament "eats" a few extra inches from a small space, making it even smaller.
For wall decoration is best to use the most flat, lightweight materials (wallpaper, decorative plaster). The floor can be covered with parquet, laminate, thin carpet or linoleum. The ceiling can be painted or even tensioned, if the height will allow.
One of the basic rules when choosing a finish is the close compatibility of shades. The interior should not be too pronounced contrasts. For example, if white paint is used for the ceiling, then the color of the wallpaper may be sandy, and the flooring may have a beige tint.
Another rule: it is necessary to avoid printed and overly variegated coatings. For the design of a small room are preferred monochrome options. Or the print can be used to decorate or highlight one of the walls. In this case, the picture should be as dim and low-key as possible.
How to furnish?
Bulky and massive furniture in a small room will look out of place. It should have a concise design, be compact and very comfortable. When choosing just such furniture, the interior will not be overloaded, and the space will be decided as rationally as possible.
Bed - the main element of the interior. Well, if it is without high legs or supporting structures on the platform, for example. Luxurious headboards and wide backs should also be avoided. It is advisable to choose a model with built-in boxes.
The closet is another must-have item for the bedroom.. The best option - wardrobe. He can completely occupy one of the walls and solve the problem of storing clothes and other things. Another attribute of the bedroom - a bedside table or table.
Competently thought-out arrangement of furniture is no less important than its choice. From this depends on the overall impression of the room, as well as the availability of free space. It is best to place the closet along the narrower wall, and the bed next to the wide one.
In addition to basic items, you can use several smaller ones, for example, mounted shelves, which will help to place books and magazines.
Hinged furniture (shelves, cabinets) allows you to save space and equip the interior more functionally. As additional items of furniture can be considered folding chairs, table tops, tables. Instead of a bed, you can use a folding sofa or chair-bed. Transforming furniture is perfect for small spaces.
At arrangement of a small room every moment is important, including the lighting. A heavy, massive chandelier with a lot of pendants will only visually make the interior heavy and accentuate the modest size of the room, so you have to give it up. Choose better small neat models with a discreet design.
If a stretch ceiling is installed in the room, then you can consider the option with LED lamps located along the perimeter of the room, along one of the walls, in a circle in the center, in a zigzag. To illuminate the cabinet, headboards can use local lamps. An additional source of illumination can be a small table lamp, a floor lamp, flat sconces or pendant lamps. Additional light can give and flickering or reflective parts of the wall decor.
Choosing curtains, textiles and decor
A big plus for a small room is having a window. It should be as open and bright as possible. For shading, it is better to use curtains and curtains of light, flowing, translucent materials.
It is worth avoiding complex draperies, heavy materials and rich colors. This will only burden the interior. It is better to choose elegant curtains, roman curtains or blinds.
Accessories give the room a special charm and charm. Choosing the appropriate decorations and decor elements for the bedroom area of 6-7 square meters. m, is limited to a few items. This may be a small painting on the wall, a photograph on the night table, a vase with flowers or a flowerpots. Accessories should not be too large and bright.
Textiles will help to make the interior in light colors more bright and stylish. This can be a beautiful bedspread, carpet, decorative pillows.
Ideas in the interior
Thanks to a well-thought-out arrangement of furniture, the choice of color solutions and elegant decor, the bedroom does not seem small at all.
Consider some interesting solutions:
- The combination of white and pale greenlight, air curtains, elegant furniture and compact lamps create a sophisticated, beautiful, very comfortable interior, inviting to rest;
- Small area can be not only a bedroom, but also a fully equipped and comfortable working space. The seating area is equipped with a compact bed, a bedside chest of drawers and wall closets. The working corner consists of a table, a chair and several shelves. The interior is designed in a combination of light colors. As a decor multicolored pillows are used;
- Snow white bedroom always looks very neat and elegant, even with such a minimal situation and laconic decor. Ornamental plants are used to decorate the windows. Tiny sconces complement the light, airy chandelier. Walls, ceiling, furniture, textiles made in white. They enliven the snow-white interior and make it more dynamic with a dark color floor covering and elegant wall pictures.