Where to place and at what height to install a TV in the bedroom?
TV is present in most modern apartments and options for its placement - an infinite number. Some people prefer to put the equipment in the living room, while others like to watch their favorite TV series while cooking or lying in bed. Located in the bedroom, the TV will allow you to relax during the day and before bedtime, so you should approach it with special care.
Do I need a TV in the bedroom?
There is no unequivocal answer to this question. TV will be needed by those who watch it regularly and do not see their life without watching movies. This is a great option for night owls who prefer to follow the life of serial characters, sitting comfortably on a bed or a couch. If a person prefers to watch movies and programs on a computer, then buying a TV will be a waste of money for him. This option is not suitable for people with insomnia, as the flickering of the screen will make it difficult to fall asleep.
Hanging TV in the bedroom should be in the case when a person is able to clearly dispense the time allotted for watching it. In this case, the possible negative consequences of such a pastime will be minimized. It is not recommended to abuse watching TV in the twilight, as this greatly strained and tired eyes. In addition, before buying it take into account the size of the room: the panel on the wall will visually "eat" the space of an already small room.
At what height to place?
The installation options for the TV correlate, first of all, with the personal preferences of a single person. Before the arrangement of the premises, it is enough to sit in front of the place of potential placement of equipment and see where the eye will fall. So approximately determine the top point of the screen, and its center should be directly opposite the viewer's eyes. For convenience, you should hang the panel on the brackets.
What determines the location of the TV on the wall:
- The location of the bed. The equipment is installed opposite the bed and takes into account how high the audience will be when watching movies.
- The height of other furniture. The panel harmony in the interior of the room depends on it. It should correspond in size with a sofa, wardrobe, bedside tables.
- Screen diagonal. Too large a TV can simply not fit in a small room or visually reduce the space.
- The height from the floor must be at least 1.3-1.5 m. The higher the TV set, the more tired the eyes will be, because you have to constantly look up, and this is an extra effort. Near the TV have a power outlet, retreating 25 cm from the bracket, which is installed appliances. The distance to the viewer is a few meters: it must be 2-3 times the size of the diagonal.
- Panel angle also taken into account when installing it, because the picture is distorted when you change the viewing angle. When LCD TVs are purchased, the exact height of the suspension is determined empirically: you should test several options for its location, and only then carry out the final installation.
Beautiful location options
Room design is the defining criterion at the stage of the location of the TV. The most practical solution is mounting the TV on the wall with shelves, metal frames, brackets. Under the panel is a cabinet or a small table. When it is mounted at a considerable distance from the floor, a long chest of drawers will fit under it. It is recommended to choose plain wooden furniture, since this will look good with any technique.
TV shelves must be strong, able to withstand heavy loads, since the safety of the panel depends on it. Also take into account the ease of installation of parts and their performance. This is especially important in conditions of high humidity: the shelf must have a corrosion-resistant coating. Then it will last a long time, and with proper design will become part of the interior. The simplest solution would be to buy a shelf of variegated colors.
If there is a niche in the room, the panel is installed there, as a competent design of the zone with a TV is also responsible for the functional component. This allows you to maximize the rationalization of spaceusing every free centimeter. The panel will be flush with the wall, look like one with it. This technique is ideal for the bedroom in the style of hi-tech, give it a touch of futuristic.
Installing a plasma panel above the door is not the best solution. First of all, it’s inconvenient to watch TV too high. Secondly, the screen may gleam. However, in conditions of limited space, a solution may be the only possible one. In the rooms of premium TV hang over the fireplace. So, watching movies, accompanied by the crackling of burning logs, will become even more enjoyable.
Tips for choosing
Unambiguous criteria for the selection of the perfect TV does not exist. It also depends on the preferences of the person and his financial capabilities. In the electronics market there are many brands, each of which offers a different model of plasma panels. They differ in thickness, diagonal, functionality. Some choose miniature televisions, others do not represent life without huge plasma panels; in the latter case, the room turns into a home mini-cinema.
Popular brands of TVs:
- Philips. Well-known Dutch company offering a wide range of products. Production of TVs is one of the leading areas in the brand.
- Lg. One of the world's largest electronics manufacturers. The company is located in South Korea and creates equipment for a wide consumer segment.
- Samsung. Another Asian company represented in the electronics market since the late 30s of the twentieth century. The advantage of the brand is selling high quality equipment at an affordable price.
- Sony. Multinational company known for the production of high-tech products. Due to the regular introduction of innovative technologies in production, the products are distinguished by a high level of practicality, equipped with many modern functions.
- BBK. One of the largest manufacturers of equipment in China. He creates cheap equipment that comes in more than 30 countries. The popularity of the brand is due to a large range of products and good quality for the price segment.
As a rule, expensive models are of high quality, so saving on the purchase of equipment is not worth it.On the other hand, when the TV is not going to be watched regularly, you can completely opt for budget products. It is also the case with models purchased for villas and country plots. In this case, the purchase of a very expensive TV is meaningless.
What to consider when buying a TV panel:
- The size of the TV. To select a suitable diagonal, take into account the available free space. It also depends on the distance to the audience: the farther the panel is, the larger the model should be chosen.
- Specifications. These include the ability to connect cable TV, the presence of a built-in media player, the ability to connect a game console. An important feature is the presence of an intuitive interface.
Hanging TV is not recommended for purchase for a classic bedroom. They are mainly purchased for modern interiors. When the design combines the features of different styles, it is permissible to buy panels with a not very large diagonal, made in the case of a neutral shade.
Wall decoration with tv
Additionally, you can decorate the space around the TV by fitting it into the interior of the room. When creating an accent TV wall, the area next to the panel is plastered with contrasting wallpaper, lined with stone, sheathed with wood panels of a different shade, or decorated with decorative plaster. The final view of the space depends on the style of the bedroom and the apartment as a whole.
When the design of the room is based on minimalism and simplicity there is no decor next to the TV. The screen is hung on a solid, for example, white wall, and it acts as a contrasting element. In this case, black lights will also be appropriate, which will give the room a touch of conceptuality.
The original TV looks framed by a “frame” of wooden bars. Next to the panel have these paintings or photographs, creating a single ensemble. To create a harmonious, complete image for different objects, wood of the same color is chosen, and the wall covering is made neutral: sandy, white, beige, vanilla.
To learn how to install the TV on the wall, see the following video.