Dressers in the bedroom
Furniture is an important element of the interior design of the room, and is also indispensable for the convenient location of things and objects. To maintain order in the bedroom a great choice is a chest of drawers, because it can store clothes, underwear, bedding and much more. Due to the presence of drawers, you can easily find everything you need.
Many manufacturers of furniture are engaged in the manufacture of dressers. Their variety is just fascinating. You can find a decent option for spacious and small bedrooms. Manufacturers offer luxury models for various uses.
The most popular options for dressers in the bedroom are models without mirrors. They are represented by a classic design and are mainly used for storing clothes. Large models with multiple drawers are ideal for convenient placement of things.
Often in the bedroom is placed a dressing table, but if the size of the room does not allow the use of different furniture, then the best solution would be a dresser with a mirror. For a spacious bedroom, designers create stunning large dressers with a dressing table.
A chest with a table is called a chest of drawers. It can be used for storing things, convenient placement of cosmetics or various trifles. Models that contain a lot of small boxes designed for convenient placement of documents and decorations are called a chest of drawers.
In the small bedroom you can pick up the corner option, because it is compact and spacious. It will not take up much space, and will also allow to decorate the interior of the bedroom.
The pendant dresser looks unusual and attractive because it does not touch the floor.Hanging option gives the interior airiness and lightness.
The model on the legs is often used to embody the classic style. Refined legs give furniture sophistication and luxury.
With bedside table
Often dressers are sold already complete with a bedside table. They are presented in the same style and color. Such an ensemble ideally complements the interior of the bedroom. Models in the American style are characterized by multi-functionality and act as aesthetic value.
Modular chest draws attention to unusual forms. The transformer is used not only as a dresser, but also as a bed, table or ironing board.
It will be a good choice for a small bedroom or nursery. Compact bedside models make it possible to abandon bedside tables, thereby freeing up the space of the bedroom.
Differs exquisite appearance. Due to the rounded edges, it is completely safe for small children.
Sizes and shapes
Modern manufacturers of cabinet furniture offer a wide variety of sizes and shapes, which allows you to find the perfect option, emphasizing the chosen style direction. When choosing the size of the furniture is to build on the size of the room.
To be able to comfortably use the dresser, the distance from the dresser handles to other furniture or the opposite wall should be at least seventy centimeters.
The choice of the shape and size of the chest of drawers largely depends on their functional purpose:
- Narrow model (no more than 40 cm) ideal for storage and zoning space. You can select part of the bedroom to create a working area. A chest of 30 cm depth is suitable for rooms of oblong shape. On it you can place your photos in frames, toys or just put a small basket for storing various trifles. The narrow version is not intended for the location of bedding, but is a good solution for storing documents, cosmetics or underwear.
- Medium size chest usually has a depth of 40 to 58 cm. It is the most popular due to its spaciousness and compactness. It can be used to place clothes, socks or children's clothing. Compact size allows the use of such furniture in small bedrooms. The chest of average depth can be used as a separate element of the interior or in an ensemble with a rack or cabinet.
- Wide version has a depth of more than 60 cmtherefore it is very rare in standard sized bedrooms. This chest of drawers is used for dressing rooms, to store in it bed linen, tablecloths and towels or in the bedrooms of large private houses. A large chest of drawers is not in demand, so it is rarely available for sale, but you should order this option for individual orders.
When choosing a chest of drawers, attention should be paid to its height, since manufacturers often try to compensate for the small depth of the product due to height. Standard models reach a height of 85 to 110 cm, tall ones are more than 110 cm. Often, tall dressers are purchased for families with small children, since they cannot reach the top panel with the decor or various trifles.
Remember that to ensure the safety of the baby, this version of the furniture must have fasteners for reliability and protection from falling.
The dressers which height does not exceed one meter belong to low models. The maximum height of the product can exceed two meters. Commode length 160 cm is suitable for spacious bedrooms. He sets the bedroom horizontal direction, but the tall and narrow model - the vertical.
To save space in small bedrooms, a corner chest of drawers is a great solution. On top of this model for interior decoration often put a desk lamp or a flower vase. The model of the angular form can be used as a bedside table. It is usually equipped with open shelves on both sides and drawers in the center of the product.
An interesting and unusual looking semicircular chest. He gives the interior charm. This form will revive the situation in the bedroom, add new notes to the decoration of the room.
A chest of drawers is usually quite large, so it is used as one of the key design elements of the bedroom. For this reason, you need to carefully approach the choice of color solution, so that it blends harmoniously into the overall interior of the bedroom.
For small rooms it is worth picking up a chest of drawers with facades of light, light tones. Ideal pastel palette of shades. The glossy surface of the furniture will give the room light and beauty. The bedroom will look more visually.
The white chest of drawers is versatile, as it is suitable for the realization of different styles, and also looks harmonious in the ensemble with other colors.
The traditional choice is a dresser of natural wood color, but do not be afraid of experiments. Painted furniture looks spectacular, stylish and unforgettable. To create an atmosphere of relaxation, you can pick up a chest of drawers in pastel colors. The beige version will add elegance and luxury to the interior.
Ivory chest of drawers looks soft and fashionable.
A bright accent of the interior can be a dresser of rich color or decorated with an original print. Effectively looks option with a print in polka dots or striped. Look bright models, where each box is presented in a different color scheme. Using a different color, you can select the "tabletop" or the legs of the product.
The history of the dresser is quite large, since it appeared in the XVII century and was very popular among aristocrats. Today it is almost impossible to imagine a bedroom without a dresser, especially since it looks great in different styles.
For a classic style, a commode with a woody texture of discreet colors or a model of a curved shape with gilding, carving, inlay and using various decorative inserts will be a good choice.This spectacular option is better to use for spacious bedrooms.
To create an interior in Art Nouveau style, you should use products without frills, give preference to natural shades and smoothed shapes.
A very popular style today is minimalism, which requires the abandonment of decorative elements, since the furniture must be, first of all, functional. The dresser for a bedroom in this style differs in smooth facades of laconic forms, and also existence of not expressed texture.
For the embodiment of high-tech style is to choose a chest of drawers with a glossy surface and modern fittings. For example, product boxes are opened with a slight pressure on the facade due to the use of the push / pull opening system.
The famous art deco style requires luxury and mystery, therefore, to decorate a bedroom in this style, it is worth picking out chests of drawers decorated with ornate patterns. Beautifully looks furniture in bright colors - pink, purple, gold or silver.
You can find a model, the facades of which convey the texture of a fabric diamond-shaped upholstery, and rhinestones replace the presence of “studs”.
Furniture with shabby, painted facades will perfectly fit into the style of country or Provence. Decoupage technique is ideal for creating a beautiful and unusual dresser.
When choosing a dresser in the bedroom should pay attention to the material from which it is made, since it plays a huge role in decorating the room:
- The most common material in the manufacture of dressers is natural wood due to the original texture. This option will give the interior aristocracy and homely warmth.
- Dressers in the bedroom can be made of MDF. Often it is used in the manufacture of facades.
- Laminated chipboard can also be used to create attractive facades. But this variety of materials does not end there, because there are models of a mirror, an artificial stone. Look great plastic, rattan and glass models.
- Often the facades of dressers have a glossy surface, because it gives the product spectacular and stylish. Such furniture will give the room light and comfort. Long chests of drawers are characterized by unusual shapes and amazing colors.
- Models with a coating of eco-leather look elegant and attractive. This design decision today like many buyers. Leather chest of drawers looks elegant and original. This option gives the interior a luxury and grandeur.
Workshops from modern designers allow you to find many ways to decorate this piece of furniture. One example is discussed in more detail in the following video.
Tips for choosing
Modern dresser is characterized by a convenient design and functionality, so it is often used when choosing furniture in the bedroom or nursery.
It is necessary to adhere to some recommendations of experts to choose a stylish and easy to use dresser:
- It is necessary to build on the interior of the bedroom.
- You should not buy the model you like right away, it is better to pick up several options, and then make the final choice in favor of a particular model.
- We need to consult with family members, because their opinions should also be taken into account.
- Chest of drawers refers to expensive purchases. It will decorate your bedroom for many years, so try to make informed and thoughtful decisions.
To choose the size of the dresser, you must first know the size of the room. The standard version does not always fit. It is very important to determine the functional purpose of this piece of furniture. It can be used only for storing things or for sleeping accessories, as a dressing table with a mirror or as a TV stand.
An important selection criterion is the quality and design of the dresser. It is worth taking into account several important points:
- You should check the operation of each box.
- They must be equipped with extension stops that prevent them from falling out when opened.
- The facades should have special “shock absorbers” that ensure the soft closing of the doors. Shelves should be easily moved forward, not creak and characterized by capacity.
- For easy closure, elite models are often equipped with special closers. Even with a little pressure, the door closes easily and silently.
- All doors must close tightly and not have any kind of defects.
- Exterior walls should be beautiful and smooth.
For a teenager, it’s worth picking up a chest of drawers with lots of drawers for conveniently positioning and sorting clothes. This option will allow to accustom the child to order. Chest in the nursery should be made of safe for health material. An excellent choice would be a plastic product, complemented by an unusual print or an inexpensive model of natural wood.
You can offer your child to decorate the product using their imagination.
Furniture made of laminated chipboard or plastic is easy to clean. You can easily wash various kinds of pollution. Remember that children's furniture must have a certificate of hygienic safety. The design version of the furniture will help to revitalize the interior, make new colors and style motifs. Original furniture will definitely become the highlight of the bedroom design.
Variants of placement in the interior
A chest of drawers is usually chosen for a spacious bedroom, as it does not belong to the basic elements of furniture. If the room has a small size, then you can do without it. The chest of drawers should be placed in such a way that you have free access to its drawers, which should be moved freely and not rest against other furniture.
What can be put on the dresser? Large models can be used as a stand for a TV or video equipment. Narrow variants are often presented with interesting shapes and color solutions, so you can put a beautiful vase with flowers or a small box for different trifles on them.
Depending on the size and shape of the room, you can choose the version of the dresser, which will look harmonious and beautiful. Depending on the location relative to the wall, dressers can be:
- Wall mounted - they received this name because they are attached to the wall using hinges and screws or boiserie panels. They can be used separately or as part of a wardrobe system.
- Walls - usually stand up against a wall, as they are equipped with an unattractive back wall. They should not be placed in the center of the room.
- Island - can be placed anywhere in the bedroom. The facade and rear wall are made of the same material. This option can be used for zoning bedrooms.
- Attachments - usually included with other furniture. This option can be used as an addition to the modular sofa. Usually the dresser has the same height as the back of the sofa.