Companion wallpaper for the bedroom
In order to decorate a bedroom in a beautiful, modern and unusual way, interior designers offer hundreds, thousands of different options for every taste. One of the most popular ways of finishing wallpaper for many years. A wide range of colors and textures allows you to decorate your favorite bedroom in any style.
Someone prefers plain wallpaper, someone with an ornament, but there is a third option, which is perfect in the first and in the second case. Companion wallpaper will be the best solution for the design of a small bedroom and a spacious room. They will help to hide small flaws and emphasize the dignity of the interior.
Of course, it is possible to decorate a bedroom with the help of wallpaper of the same color or pattern, but companions have a number of advantages over similar materials. Among them:
- Originality. The combination of two different wallpaper patterns always looks more fresh and unusual than the design of one, even the most beautiful type of wallpaper.
- The ability to create bright accents. Depending on the selection of color, pattern and method of pasting, you can focus on a particular wall or part of it, for example, beautifully beat an architectural ledge, a mirror hanging on the wall, a picture.
- Zoning With the help of contrasting wallpapers one can conditionally divide a room into several zones (for reading, work, rest).
When choosing wallpaper partners, you must adhere to the following rules and recommendations:
- geometric print (strip) will help to visually "pull" a small room up or to the side;
- small print on wallpaper looks good in small rooms and vice versa - large ornaments are acceptable in spacious rooms.
Features of use
Options for combining different wallpapers can be mass. Basically, it is a monochrome + printed canvas. Geometry, floral design, fantasy pattern, abstraction, marine themes and other options are used as prints.
Another option is wallpaper with a single pattern, but having a different background color. Regardless of the type of companions, they must be combined with each other by texture, color and pattern. Only then the bedroom interior will have a finished and harmonious look.
To design a bedroom in a particular stylistic direction, it is necessary to know exactly the principles that underlie each style.
- Baroque. Style of luxury and wealth. These are suitable textured, beautiful, wallpaper, decorated with complex patterns and ornaments. Often, inserts from a contrasting look of the wallpaper are additionally made with the help of baguettes and frames.
- Classic. Traditional curls, medallions, rich colors. Printed wallpapers are combined with monochromatic stripes of deep, rich tones. Special attention is paid to the headboard.
- Modern This style implies an elegant design, soft, warm colors, print in the form of plants, birds and animals.
- East style. “1000 and one nights” and other oriental tales have always been associated with luxury and wealth. Therefore, the ornaments that decorate the wallpaper, are different complexity and unusual shapes, beautiful flowers and original patterns.
- Provence. French provincial style, which is characterized by delicate pastel colors and simple print (small flowers).
- Japanese style is a minimum of decor, contrasting colors, traditional ornaments (cranes, fans, hieroglyphs, sakura branch).
How to glue?
Usually this interior design option can be done in several ways:
- Vertical. With this method, pasting strips are applied to the wall vertically. In this case, the band of companions should have the same width.
When choosing colors you can rely on three basic rules:
- Contrast (a bright version that well distinguishes and limits the interior of the room):
- monochrome companions (the stripes are designed in the same color, but in its different shades);
- complementary companions (medium version, not a contrast. Natural, natural shades beautifully emphasize each other).
- Horizontal. Monophonic and printed stripes are arranged horizontally. Most often, darker wallpapers are located at the bottom of the wall, and lighter - at the top.
- The use of decorative patches. An interesting design option,when monochrome wallpapers are used as the main background, according to which pieces of different colors, prints and textures are placed in a certain or chaotic order. Flaps can be of any shape and size.
- Inserts. On monochrome wallpapers, large pieces are pasted-in inserts from printed wallpapers of a contrasting color and texture. As an additional decor insert is made with a thin border, molding or wooden frame.
Very gentle and romantic design option. A soft green color is selected as the main background. Companion to it are white wallpaper with pink and purple flowers. The same motif is repeated in the curtains and bedspread.
The interior looks fresh in spring and very harmonious.
Vertical version of the interior design using lilac, gray and rich purple wallpaper with floral ornaments. The selected color scheme is complemented by bed linen, curtains and carpeting of the same shades.
Learn how to properly combine the wallpaper, you can watch the next video.