Bedside cabinets for bedroom
It is impossible to imagine a bedroom without a certain set of furniture. The main subject, of course, is the bed. For storage of clothes and bed linen set wardrobe. But there are things that should always be at hand, and a bedside table is very suitable for their convenient location.
The bedside table is a small cabinet with drawers and shelves, with which you can place pleasant things, small gadgets and cosmetics. Bedside cabinets have a number of indisputable advantages over other types of furniture.
Any proper bedside will be a great addition to the bedroom interior. Moreover, absolutely any style of this room is completely unthinkable without a miniature nightstand.It not only complements and decorates the interior of the bedroom, but is also a very functional item that allows you to place a lot of things needed at the moment without needing to get out of bed.
As a rule, a bedside table for the bedroom serves as a place to store books, magazines, and medicines. You can also put a beautiful lamp on it, put a mobile phone, hand cream and many other little things that you may need at any time.
Types and sizes
Bedside tables installed in a double bed differ in shape, number of shelves, their types and location, materials of manufacture and size.
The shape of the bedside cabinets may be different. The most common is, of course, rectangular.
The standard parameters that guide most manufacturers are within certain limits. The width of the product is 50-55 cm, and height - 55-60 cm. But if you wish, you can find a huge number of models of pedestals not only with such dimensions, but also with dimensions different from the standard ones. There are instances whose width is 40, 35 and even 30 cm, suitable for installation in a confined space.
In addition to standard rectangular shapes, there are square, oval, rounded, and many other shapes, stylized for a particular interior.
In addition to forms, bedside tables differ in the number of drawers, their location, the presence or absence of niches.
The classic version is a cabinet with two drawers, distinguished by practicality, functionality and conciseness. The largest share of sales accounted for just such a model.
Cabinet with a hinged door, behind which there are 2-3 regular shelves. The model perfectly protects things from dust penetration.
Cabinet with one drawer, located, as a rule, in the upper part and a niche, divided into two, sometimes into four parts. This shelf allows you to easily access the desired items.
An interesting kind of bedside table is an option with a retractable turntable. If necessary, it is transformed into the desired position and items located on it can be reached without getting out of bed.
Bedside cabinets are made, as a rule, for installation on the floor, but there are also models that destroy all stereotypes about these pieces of furniture.Suspended version of the bedside table is attached to the wall near the bed and takes up very little space, while its functionality is no worse than the floor options.
In addition to the usual classic models, there are design options for thumbs, eye-catching and decorating the interior.
For the manufacture of stands used various materials. The most expensive material is, of course, an array of wood.
- Wooden bedside tables differ in durability and nontoxicity. Different types of trees are used for production: beech, oak, mahogany, pine. On the product itself clearly visible woody pattern. This option will appeal to fans of the classics. Their size differs from the standard in a big way.
- Alternative to a natural tree - the products made from a chipboard, LDSP and MDF. they have a tree-like structure, are much cheaper than wooden models, and in terms of functionality and aesthetic appearance are not inferior to models from an array.
- Less common bedside table materials - genuine leather and artificial leather. Products from these materials will appeal to people who have the design of the room in the original style. This material is used only as upholstery, and the frame itself is made of chipboard. This material, of course, looks very beautiful, but it is not very practical, especially if there are pets in the house.
- In addition to the listed materials in the manufacture of bedside tables also use glass and metal. As a rule, these materials are used by designers to translate their original ideas.
Tips for choosing
In order to choose the right bedside table, you need to follow some rules.
For a bedroom with a large bed, as a rule, two bedside tables, installed on both sides of the bed, are purchased. One cabinet will not look in any interior.
In order for the products to fit organically into the overall style of the bedroom, they must be of suitable dimensions and shapes in harmony with the design of the bedroom.
The height of the bedside cabinets should be at the same level with the bed mattress, because a product of this size is much more convenient to use.The width of the bedside table, as a rule, is selected based on the availability of free space. Exceptions to this rule are bedside tables designed by designers for a particular interior.
If your choice fell on bedside tables of small sizes, you need to make sure that the surface of the product was sufficient to accommodate the items you need.
One of the important requirements is the ergonomics of the product being purchased - maximum functionality with a minimum of usable space.
Examples in the interior
- For a high-tech bedroom, bedside tables of simple laconic forms, having right angles and smooth glass or glossy surfaces, will do.
- The simplicity and naturalness of the Scandinavian style bedroom provides for the installation of bedside tables not only with strict rectangular shapes with open shelves, but also with unusual, oval-shaped ones.
- For the bedroom, decorated in Baroque style, ornate bedside tables with unusual carved facades and twisted legs will suit.
- Country music provides for cabinets made of natural wood of simple shapes.
- The bedrooms are decorated in a contemporary style. successfully look different in shape and design of the bedside table.
More examples of bedside tables in the interior of the bedroom can be viewed in the following video.