The location of the outlets in the bedroom
Modern man is completely dependent on electrical energy. This is due to the fact that he uses a lot of household devices, the efficiency of which is provided by this source of energy. It is necessary to choose the location of sockets in the bedroom, as a person spends a lot of time here.
How many sockets should be?
The socket is a special mechanism that allows you to use all the benefits of electricity. The number of such systems may vary depending on the room and human needs.
There is no single standard that indicates how many sockets can be installed in the bedroom. It is important to organize them in such a way as to obtain optimum comfort. Count the number of outlets preferably at the stage of repair in the room. To find out the exact number of these devices, you should remember a few simple rules:
- Decide on the number and type of devicesthat you plan to use in the bedroom. Often it is not only a vacuum cleaner and night lamps, but also telephones, a laptop and other devices.
- When you decide you will use, you should clarify which of the devices will work simultaneously. Given these indicators, it is already possible to calculate the minimum number of outlets.
- Pay attention to the size of the bedroom. If the room is small, do not install a large number of outlets. Often they need no more than 5-6 pieces, which will be located around the perimeter of the room.
When planning the placement of sockets, one should consider the presence of several functional zones:
- Bed. Near it have 2-3 sockets. If the product is double, then it is desirable to duplicate the elements on each side.
- Dressing table. There will also need a minimum of 2 sockets. This allows you to simultaneously operate several household appliances (lamps, hair dryer and others).
- Wardrobe. Often, here they install 1 outlet, which is intended to connect a steamer or iron.
- Television. It involves the use of several additional devices.If you plan to install a TV in the bedroom, you will need an additional about 5 outlets (it all depends on the model and functions).
- Connecting home appliances. For such systems it is necessary to equip several outlets, which will be located in different functional areas.
Please note that some of these elements can be operated with multiple instruments. The socket near the dressing table is perfect for connecting a vacuum cleaner or iron. It is important not to specifically increase the number of these systems. It is desirable to optimize them for specific needs.
This algorithm can be attributed to the calculation of the number of switches. It should be understood that such elements will be slightly smaller than outlets. This is due to the fact that many household appliances do not need these systems. Often the number of switches does not exceed 3 (pendant lamps, main lighting).
How and where to locate?
Another important issue when installing sockets - where do connectors for them. This procedure begins from drawing up the layout of the elements. This process is quite simple and consists of several consecutive steps:
- The places where the furniture will be located (beds, sets) are determined.
- On the basis of the scheme obtained, placement of outlets is planned. Often, the functional zones that were described earlier are taken into account. It is important to take into account not only the number of elements, but also their place of fixation on the surface of the walls. A person should get quick access to them, so do not install sockets behind cabinets or under the table.
Above the nightstand
Very often, the sockets are installed above the bedside tables. Experts recommend placing them at a height of at least 10 cm from the surface of the furniture. If there are several elements, they can be positioned both vertically and horizontally.
The optimal parameter is the height of 20 cm from the top of the bedside table. In some cases, sockets can be mounted directly near the cabinet. Then they are placed in such a way that the user can easily reach them. The minimum height is a value of 30 cm.
Near the bed
Many experts argue that devices should be placed close to the bed. This will make it possible to easily operate such devices as charging for mobile or laptop.Bedside elements can be located in several places. If the bedside tables are installed, then the sockets are fixed according to the previously mentioned rules.
When you are not planning to use furniture in the bedside area, then you can mount the device at a height of from 30 to 90 cm from the floor. Here it is important to take into account not only the characteristics of the person, but also the technical features of the instruments used.
Please note that the distance between the bed and these structures is selected individually. For this purpose, the type of devices that are planned to be exploited (charging for mobile, laptop, floor lamp) is estimated.
Under the TV
Sockets for TV - a controversial issue, since this attribute is not always taken into account when planning a bedroom. If they are missing, owners are forced to use additional adapters and extension cords.
The best place to place a TV is the wall opposite the bed. Sockets are located relative to the place of attachment of this device. Often the optimal height is 130 cm from the floor. These attributes must be placed in such a way as to have full access to them.In some cases, auxiliary devices can be used with the TV, which are mounted on the bedside tables under it. It is very important that the cord from them could reach the sockets mounted on the wall.
If the bedroom is large, many set up a table here at which they can work if necessary. For optimal performance in this place, you need about 2-3 connectors. You can install them directly above the surface of the table or below it. The optimal height is 75 cm from the floor (15 cm above the table).
Pay attention to the fact that the sockets should not be placed very low near the floor. This not only affects comfort, but can also cause closures if water is accidentally injected.
Interesting design solutions
Standard connectors of this type are usually square or rectangular. However, today this attribute is not only a necessity, but also an opportunity to decorate the interior. For this reason, manufacturers produce many different modifications:
- The body of the product has a different decorative form.
- The design is complemented by unique linings that hide holes.They fit perfectly in any interior.
- Built-in sockets. They are mounted directly on the table or other surface. A feature of such outlets is that they can be easily hidden. This is ideal for people who prefer the maximum functionality and practicality.
Sockets in the bedroom are very important, they ensure optimal operation of household appliances.
At installation it is important to consider not only their design, but also technical characteristics of household appliances. This will ensure the safe and reliable operation of the entire system. Consider all the useful recommendations, and then it will turn out to make everything perfect
For information on how not to place the outlet in the bedroom, see below.