Bedroom design with a canopy
There are many variations in the design of the bedroom. The interiors of the four-poster bedrooms look original and expressive. Similar designs differ really fantastic execution.
Advantages and disadvantages
Initially, a berth, complemented by a canopy, played an exclusively functional role in the room. With the help of a textile canopy, people defended themselves from cold, drafts and various sounds that interfere with sleep.
Over time, the canopy designs changed. First, the fabric was attached to the frame of natural wood, but then the material began to attach to the ceiling.
Such decorative details are relevant to this day. It is worth noting the stunning effect that similar elements produce.With the help of a luxurious canopy, you can give the room a special chic.
The canopy can create a unique atmosphere of privacy, comfort and complete peace of mind. Such qualities play an important role in creating a harmonious interior of the bedroom.
As a rule, dense and high-quality fabric is chosen for the canopy. This material protects the owners from exposure to the morning sunlight and drowns out the noises coming from the street and from other rooms of the dwelling.
In such conditions, you can not be afraid of coolness and drafts.
Many people point out the fact that on a four-poster bed you can relax perfectly during the daytime, as the sun's rays penetrate the fabric in minimal quantities.
However, such an interesting design solution has its drawbacks. A four-poster bedroom is suitable only for a spacious room, as a textile addition visually reduces the available space.
Dust will accumulate on the surface of the fabric, so allergy sufferers will not be able to design such a room. Fabric will have to be regularly cleaned and sent to the wash, especially if it is light.Otherwise, the canopy will lose its attractive appearance. At the moment of washing the material, the room will appear empty and unfinished.
There are several varieties of canopies. They are equipped with different designs and are performed in different styles:
- The most common options are in the form of textiles installed on supports. With the help of such varieties, you can emphasize the beautiful contour of the bed and highlight the free space above it.
- Equally attractive in appearance are canopies with suspended structures. They can be simple and console. The main decorative element of such models is their canopy.
- You can buy textiles in canopies in various arbitrary compositions. With these details, you can create a suitable room design.
The designs of canopies are different:
- Simple and common are the products on the frame. The space above the berth from the ceiling itself is made with a special frame structure. On the sides are installed racks (wooden or metal).The main design details can be located both in the inner part of the canopy, and in the area of racks. Most often, beds with frame structures are decorated with spectacular ornate elements of forging or elegant carvings. If you do not want to make such additions to the bedroom interior, then you can turn to expensive luxury fabric.
- Another popular design of the canopy is the "crown". The axis of this model is placed in the center of the bed. The frame of the "crown" has a round or square shape, and textiles are passed through it. Such varieties are among the most attractive. With their help, you can create a unique interior design bedroom.
- Very common frame canopies. In such structures, the fabric is attached to the frame in the form of an arc.
Fabric for canopy
Most often, the following types of textiles are used for beautiful and high-quality canopies:
- Silk. With this famous material, you can create a truly light and airy image.
- Velvet. This fabric is more dense and heavy. Velvet canopy is not suitable for all styles of interior.Especially harmoniously, it will look in a classic setting.
- Organza. The organza variant is suitable for decorating a cozy bedroom in a light romance style.
- Tapestry cloth. This material looks expensive and original, but it will darken the sleeper, so it is not recommended to contact it if the wall decoration in the room is made in dark and gloomy colors.
- Tulle. Canopies of this material are often chosen, as with the help of tulle you can create charming shuttlecocks or effective folds.
- Linen. Linen canopies have a simple and unobtrusive appearance.
The four-poster bed can be placed both in the adult and in the children's bedroom. Today, a wide range of models made in a variety of styles (from classic to rococo), decorated with truly luxurious fabrics is available to consumers.
For children most often choose options with light and air textiles. It can be both monophonic and decorated with positive prints and patterns.
Here are a few harmonious interiors, in which there are attractive beds with canopies:
- In a cozy green bedroom with floor, lined with dark laminate, will look spectacular high white four-poster bed, decorated with thick white textiles. The bed can be supplemented with a light dressing table, a white chest of drawers and a soft beige carpet on the floor. If there is a window in the room, it should be decorated with white thick curtains.
- In the bedroom with cream walls and white multi-level ceiling a white bed with a fluffy rug and bedding in creme brulee will find its place. Above such a bed will look harmoniously canopy with a translucent beige fabric. The interior should be finished with cream-colored curtains, a ceiling chandelier with brown shades, dark-framed wall paintings and a TV in a niche opposite the bed.
- In the pink nursery You can arrange a large double bed with a high white headboard and a patchwork pink blanket. Over it will look harmoniously canopy "crown" with a transparent pale pink fabric.
- Over high white bed in beige nursery You can place a small canopy with the design of a "crown", decorated with a translucent white fabric.Next to the sleeping place are two caramel wooden tables with large white lamps and small flower vases. For lighting fit round white ceiling chandelier. Beat neutral colors with pink pillows and pink floor carpet.
- Against the background of light walls and floor, lined with brown laminate, will harmoniously look wooden bed with a high headboard and frame canopy, complemented by a white lightweight fabric. Next to the bed you can put two bedside tables with yellow lamps. On the floor will look beautiful cream carpet with a brown pattern.
For more ideas on a four-poster bedroom look in the next video.