Stretch walls: design options and tips for choosing
Stretch ceilings have enough time for hearing. They gained a well-deserved popularity, a reputation for modernity, elegance. Tension walls are an innovation in interior design. In principle, these are the same materials (polyester fabric and polyvinyl chloride), installation methods, features and qualities.
This innovation in creating the interior and decor of the room is not as popular today as the suspended ceiling. But such walls were known in ancient times. True, it was a luxury and is only available for the select few, since the decoration of the walls was decorated with expensive fabrics that needed quite a lot. Today, the tension walls are available to all who have decided to change their home.
The priority among design options given to the tension walls, decorated with photo printing. This method of wall finishing leads in popularity, merit, and artistic modifications. A stylish look to the interior will be given by original photos with landscapes and various color schemes. Lamps located behind the frame will transform the room. For example, the starry sky, the lunar path, the night city will look great. Sound effect will help to revive photo printing on a tension wall. So, the trill of birds will be a wonderful addition to morning coffee, and the sound of a waterfall in the bathroom will add sensations in contact with water.
Installation of photo structures does not differ from the creation of ordinary walls. Versions with pictures are made using a printer, UV or eco printing. The clarity of the lines thus obtained is striking: on light monochrome panels, they give richness and volume to the figures. Thanks to the methods used, the picture does not fade with time and is not washed off with water.
The range of images is diverse, so they can be chosen for rooms of different styles and purposes.
Technology translucent stretch walls - an innovation in the field of interior design.Other materials create the entire area of the tension wall glowing impossible. In rooms where there is little natural light, such a lighting solution will truly be a find: diffused uniform light throughout the canvas resembles daylight. The only inconvenience - for the installation of a luminous wall will require additional space.
The next design version of the tension walls is the transition of a similar ceiling to the wall itself. A smooth transition from one plane to another will make your apartment unlike others.
According to its texture, the tension walls are of several types.
- Glossy, with some mirror effect. They will help to visually expand the room, fill it with light and spaciousness. More interesting this wall will look in the room niche. They reflect the elements of the interior, especially if you apply dark shades, it gives the room some mystery. The glossy film is amazingly pictured - clarity, contrast, brightness also play a role in the design of the room.
- Matte texture will not give so much shine and light. However, their pastel shades or white color will create a neat iridescent effect.
- Fabric The tension wall is most often used in combination with photo printing.
- Innovations in the field of finishing are art canvases with an image. This is the film on which the drawing was applied at the factory, ready for immediate use. The range of such films is quite wide: they can be applied a classic pattern, the texture of various materials, modern images.
Advantages and disadvantages
The number of advantages of the tension walls is enough to soon become one of the most sought-after design elements in the interior of the premises:
- the mounting process is simple;
- the ability to hide almost any defects on the wall;
- installation takes not much time;
- reasonable cost (to equip a wall in this room with this method is available to many people);
- protect from external noise;
- keep heat indoors;
- do not pass moisture;
- quite resistant to temperature differences (the materials from which the fabric is made are cold-resistant);
- installation of the walls allows you to create a variety of lighting, often LED lighting;
- amazing range of colors and patterns;
- high strength (in case of any damage, they are removed easily and quickly, if necessary, also freely dismantled);
- under the rays of the sun do not lose their color;
- care of the tension wall is not difficult - it is easy to wash;
- tension walls with photo printing are aesthetic and unique;
- possess multifunctionality;
- high characteristics of materials and components (safety, durability, reliability);
- walls do not collect dust, as they have antistatic properties.
In addition, the undeniable dignity of the tension walls in front of all known photo wallpapers - ease of changing the web. At the same time, the frame itself does not change and will last more than a dozen years.
All virtues speak for themselves. However, it should be said about the flaw (he is alone!): It is impossible to hang a picture, a mirror or any other accessory on the tension wall. But there is a solution: you can add to the design wallpaper, on which there is a print with nature or a 3D effect. Such combinations have mostly positive reviews.
The details of the installation process
The most difficult and rather labor-intensive process during construction or repair is the preparatory stage: cleaning the walls from the old coating and installing the frame.
To properly mount the base for the tension wall, you need the service of specialists. This is a strict adherence to the rules to determine the desired level of fixing the box.
The next point is the installation of the structure itself: care and attention are needed, otherwise the slightest bevel or slight curvature will reduce all work to zero. It is possible to start working with tensioning material only at the end of all processes on this plane.
Technological installation is simple with a sequence of actions. First of all, the perimeter of the selected wall is equipped with a special metal profile.
Mounts may vary slightly from each other:
- the connection may be normal with a plastic insert along a contour no larger than one and a half centimeters;
- mount without cracks, forming a flat joint with adjacent walls, floor, ceiling.
Then compulsory wiring of all communications is carried out: the necessary devices and wires are installed. After these works, they stretch the canvas itself, which was chosen by the customer according to the texture, color, and design. Finally, switches, sockets and other devices are strengthened.
Recommendations for registration
Interior design tension canvas will provide more than one opportunity to translate into reality design ideas:
- hidden lighting, creating an image of a luminous surface, will make it a decorative element, and additional lighting;
- resistance to dampness allows you to create such walls where previously only tile was supposed to be;
- interesting colorful and soft surface may appear in the bathroom, in the pool.
Restrictions on the variety of forms in the design of the planes do not exist. This finish helps create a perfectly flat surface.
The tension wall is more popular, which gives a lot of imagination to decorate the whole room. Calm pastel colors are perfectly combined with various styles. Attention should be paid to the colors of the walls:
- warm tones (orange and yellow) raise the spirits, fill the room with comfort and coziness, cause appetite;
- linen green relax, harmonize the inner state of a person, allowing you to relax and rest;
- purple colour surrounded by tenderness and tranquility, it is amazingly combined with light wooden furniture;
- white color gives room for the embodiment of modern and ancient ideas.
Interesting ideas in the interior
Spheres of use of tension structures a considerable amount.
- In the bedroom most often such a wall is located behind the bed. So it will practically not be exposed to damage, and the original pattern will add elegance to the head of the bed. In these cases, they use romantic and unpleasant plots: water spaces, flowers and trees, modern night megalopolises. The selection of the image should be approached carefully: if the color spot is bright and saturated, decorate the rest of the room in restrained and soothing colors.
- Stretch structures in the living room also have a place. Macro shooting prevails here: original snowflakes, water splashes or one drop, stones. The close-up of the elements looks sophisticated with backlighting.
- Pools and baths make out in sea motives: sea smooth surface, sandy shores, blue sky. A photo with the underwater world also looks original in these rooms.
- Tension walls can be found in the hallways. There are a lot of solutions for designers' ideas, and all of them will bring a zest and unusualness to the dwelling.A creative solution would be a drawing with a wet pavement or a photo of a lamppost with a bench.
Stretch canvas will help create a bright accent in the room, expand it, draw attention to the selected area.
Choosing tension structures, remember: the canvas should fit the interior in style and color.
The so-called fake windows are able to dynamize the blank wall, and the ancient frescoes will make the narrow corridor wider.
The main thing that needs to be taken into account: small rooms are torn away by large, massive drawings, and spacious ones, on the contrary, will look extremely bad with a small pattern.
Mirror tensioning surface is better to draw a niche, and not decorate it the whole wall.
From the foregoing it is clear that the future is behind a similar design. And this is due to its large range of advantages. And if today few people pay attention to this method of finishing, then tomorrow those who want to increase several times.
Installation of the tension wall is shown in the following video.