Choosing a repair mix Emaco
Concrete structures and floors have a long service life, however, with long-term loads, temperature and humidity differences, cracks, chips or other damage may appear on the surface.
These defects can be eliminated with the help of various repair mixtures. However, if you choose a poor-quality product or if you use it incorrectly, defects may appear after a couple of years, and you will need to seal them again.
Damaged concrete structures require urgent repair. Otherwise, the crack will quickly creep away under the action of constant loads. Nowadays, this problem can be easily solved with the help of Emaco dry mixes.
Emaco repair mixes are used to fill cracks with a width of no more than one centimeter.This mixture has a high adhesion with concrete, brick and reinforcing mesh. The composition in finished form is able to withstand mechanical loads, is durable and reliable. It is noted that the mixture is easy to fit and has sufficient elasticity. This allows you to work quickly.
Considering dry mixes for work with concrete or brick surfaces, it is necessary to know the basic conditions for their proper use:
- Their humidity should not exceed 1 ppm;
- Solution shrinkage is not allowed;
- The air involved is allowed no more than 5%;
- Frost resistance should be at least F300;
- Products are packaged in open and closed paper bags;
- The repair mixture is fireproof, explosion-proof and non-radioactive;
- The use of the finished mixture should be carried out only in rooms with either a hood or with good ventilation;
- Work must be carried out exclusively with personal protective equipment;
- Dust in the package should be no more than 3-5 mg per cubic meter. m
The use of different types of mixtures is possible only if certain rules are observed:
- They should be stored and used only at temperatures from +5 to +30 degrees;
- Mixing the mixture should be done using a mixer or a drill with a special nozzle; manually - not allowed;
- Mixing time is from 5 to 7 minutes;
- The volume of the finished mixture should be such as to have time to spend it in half an hour;
- The amount of water in the mixture should not exceed the value indicated on the package;
- The surface before repair work must be prepared by removing dust, dirt, oil stains and damaged concrete; after that it needs to be moistened slightly;
- The composition freezes overnight under conditions of minimal evaporation of moisture.
See the next video for more details on how to use Emaco dry mix.
There are a huge number of different compositions of the company Emaco. Each of them is designed for individual types of work.
Emaco S88 and S88C
This group of polymer cement mixtures is used to repair small areas up to 3 mm deep. When mixed with water, it forms a compound with high adhesion to concrete, brick and steel. Over time, the mixture is not stratified.
It is successfully used in the repair of premises with high humidity,however not suitable for working with wood. Be sure to work in gloves.
The composition includes cement, sand and various polymers. Used to repair large cracks, up to half a centimeter wide. Suitable not only for repair, but also for the restoration and strengthening of concrete. It is resistant to all weather conditions. The composition should be stored only in whole packs in rooms with low humidity.
MasterEmaco S 466 and Emaco S66
These compounds are used to fill large cracks up to 10 cm in depth. They form a cast material that does not exfoliate with time.
It can be used at restoration of concrete overlappings not only inhabited, but also industrial rooms. Moreover, the work can be done with ceilings made of concrete, and with supports from the same material.
The use of Emaco products extends the life of all possible concrete structures. The most important thing is not to delay and carry out this work on time, selecting the necessary composition for this purpose.