Features of the universal dry mix M150
Today, to speed up construction processes, a sufficient amount of dry mixes is produced. Usually they are made on a cement base with the addition of sand and various plasticizers, all work with them comes down to adding water and stirring to the desired consistency. Next will be considered the features of the universal dry mix M150.
The dry universal mix M150 is designed for masonry, installation and finishing works. One of its main properties is the creation of an even plastic layer, which is necessary in the construction, installation, laying of bricks, plaster. It is usually produced in bags of 50 kg, less often 40 or 25 kg, for preparation it is only necessary to dilute it with the necessary amount of water indicated on the package and stir with a mixer.
Due to the presence of plasticizers and other components in their effective ratio, Dry universal mixture M150 has the following advantages:
- reliability and excellent quality;
- adhesion to many surfaces;
- frost resistance;
- economical consumption of material;
- good vapor permeability;
- moisture protection.
The name "universal" speaks for itself. This means that this mixture can be used for many different works inside and outside the room. It can be suitable for both temperate climates and severe northern frosts. Most often it is used for installation and laying of bricks and blocks, leveling surfaces, concreting.
There are several types of universal mixture M150, differing in composition and purpose.
- Plastering the version is intended for applying plaster by hand or by machine, the layer thickness can be from 5 to 50 mm. It is suitable for facade and interior work. After mixing, the composition retains its useful properties for 120 minutes, so it is necessary to immediately begin to apply plaster or not to knead large volumes.The full strength of the applied composition acquires after 28 days.
- Masonry Mix M150 is used for laying clay, silicate, refractory bricks, gas silicate blocks. It has high rates of frost resistance, so you can work with it outside in all weather conditions. The composition can be used in rooms with high humidity.
- Mixture M150 for screed used to level the floor in different rooms. Layer can be from 1 to 10 cm, it is best to use a solution with beacons. With a layer thickness of 1 cm, the flow rate of the dry mixture is 22-25 kg per 1 square meter. The advantages of the M150 solution for the screed are that, thanks to the concrete base, it turns out to be durable, resistant to moisture and temperature changes.
Almost all manufacturers of dry mix M150 have the same composition, it includes:
- Portland cement grades PTs400, PTs500;
- dry sand with a fraction of 0.1-1 mm;
- mineral powder with a fraction of 0.1-0.5 mm;
- mineral supplements and organic plasticizers.
All domestic manufacturers produce a mixture of M150 according to GOST 3051597, sand is used according to TU 5711-002-05071329-2003.
The specific gravity or density of the cement-sand mixture M150 is 900 kg per m3, consumption is 16-17 kg per 1 m2 with a layer thickness of 1 cm, color is gray, the viability is not more than 2 hours,adhesion to the base 0.6 MPa, compressive strength 15.
M150 mortar differs from M300 or M400 in that it can be used not only for laying, but also for screed and plaster. Only the proportions of dilution with water and methods of use will be different. Only dilute the mixture with cold water.
The method of application of the product M150 is as follows: The mixture in the ratio of 1.8-2 liters per 10 kg of dry composition is poured into a container of water and then mixed with a mixer or manually until a homogeneous mass is formed. After the solution is diluted, you need to use it for 2 hours.
When brickwork diluted mixture is applied evenly on the surface of the brick using a trowel and then flattened. The optimum thickness of the seams - from 1 to 5 mm, depending on the size of the blocks. When plastering the solution is applied to the surface with a spatula, trowel or with the help of an aggregate (plastering station), then it is pulled out by a rule to an even layer. The wall before plastering should be covered with a deep penetration primer, if the layers are more than 3 cm, you must install beacons in advance.
Because of its popularity and versatility, the building mixture M150 produces a huge number of manufacturers. Virtually every region has its own factories producing this product and its well-known brands. In some cities there are even dozens of manufacturers. Nevertheless, it is worth noting the most famous and popular domestic brands known in Russia and the CIS countries.
- Manufacturer "Stone Flower" It produces various types of dry mixes for installation, repair and finishing works, among them M150 in bags of 40 kg each. The consumption of a layer of 1 cm is 15-17 kg per 1 m2. The solution can be used with concrete, brick, stone surfaces at temperatures from +5 to +30 degrees. There is an opportunity to get packing on 25 kg, 50 kg. The products "Stone Flower" from high-quality Portland cement and dry sand are given positive feedback.
- Domestic manufacturer "Rusean" produces a mixture of M150 portions of 40 kg. They are great for sealing joints, concrete screed for floors, plastering. By production modern technologies are used, the mix passes quality control and certification.Consumption is relatively economical - 1.5-1.7 liters of water should be used for 10 kg of dry mix. After mixing, the initial setting occurs within 45 minutes, the solution completely solidifies within 24 hours.
- Peskocement M150 from the manufacturer "Ivsil" reliably established itself in the building materials market. There are 3 types of products: plastering, masonry and universal. All brands are available in bags of 50 kg, for this volume you need to use 9 liters of water. Among the advantages of the universal mix “Ivsil” one can note a wide range of operating temperatures from -50 to +60 degrees, increased viability - up to 3 hours, strength and frost resistance - up to 50 cycles.
- Dry mixes Prestige-S, made of Portland cement PC400, used for a variety of construction works. They are used for laying, screeding, concreting, grouting, ceramic and paving slabs. The strength of the composition - 150 kg per 1 cm2, frost resistance - 50 cycles, consumption per 1 sq. Km. m with a centimeter layer - 17-19 kg of dry mix. Prestizh-S products are manufactured with quality control, there is a guarantee for building materials.
- Domestic manufacturer "Founds"In addition to a variety of other high-quality building materials, it offers dry mixes M150 based on high-quality Portland cement PC500 and mineral additives. The advantages of the products of this company - durability and quality assurance. Mixes M150 “Found” are delivered in a package of 25, 40 and 50 kg in a very colorful bright package, which can be immediately distinguished.
- Choosing a proven producer of sand M150 is very important. Despite the fact that the composition of all these products is almost identical, the physical properties may differ significantly, for example, in the grain size of cement or sand, frost resistance, the presence of impurities and other factors. Therefore, to buy a mixture of M150 cheap - does not mean profitable. It is necessary to carefully study the composition of the package, its warranty and shelf life, purchased only from those manufacturers who have reliably established themselves in the market of building materials.
- After the acquisition, the mixture M150 should be stored in a closed form in a dry and dark room with a temperature of +10 to +35 degrees and a relative humidity of not more than 70%. Under such optimal conditions, the product retains its properties for 6 months, it is not recommended to store it more without using it.
- For the most effective use of the mortar, the surface on which it is applied must be cleaned of large irregularities, fungus, mold, moss. This will ensure better adhesion and less material consumption. Also the surface is always recommended to be primed before use.
The process of leveling the walls of cement-sand mixture M150, see the video below.