Universal dry mix: types and application
Dry mixes have a fairly wide range of applications. They are mainly used for construction work, in particular for interior or exterior decoration of buildings (screeds and flooring, exterior cladding, etc.).
There are several types of dry mixes.
- M100 (25/50 kg) - cement-sand, necessary for plaster, putty and initial preparation of walls, floor and ceiling for further work, is available in bags of 25 or 50 kilograms.
- M150 (50 kg) - universal, presented in various forms, suitable for almost any finishing and preparatory work, available in the form of 50 kilograms.
- M200 and M300 (50kg) - sand-concrete and cement-lining, suitable for almost all types of finishing and for a number of construction works, sold in bags of 50 kilograms.
Dry construction mixtures have enormous benefits and savings for consumers, because it is enough to buy several bags of such a mixture, and they will replace several types of other finishing tools. Also, the advantages of these products include their long shelf life. You can use only part of the contents of the bag, and leave the rest of the composition for future work. This residue will be stored for a long time without losing its qualities.
An important advantage of mixtures is their environmental friendliness.
Materials made according to GOST are absolutely safe, so they are used in any premises, including in the places where children are.
This tool, designed for plastering and spackling works, is not suitable for exterior cladding, but has all the qualities of dry mixes and is a fairly practical tool.
The price for this type of material is low, while it pays off completely.
Cement-sand mortar is applied on a dry and flat surface by hand. It is necessary to comply with all the proportions indicated on the package. This is to ensure that the mixture had all the necessary propertieswhich persist for two hours after preparation of the solution.
The most popular type of building mixtures is lime-cement-sand. It has a huge range of uses (from the process of putty to concreting surfaces). In turn, the universal mixture is divided into several subspecies.
- Cement. In addition to the main components of this product is composed of special sand, polystyrene granules and various additives to make it water resistant. A feature of this type is also the ability to retain heat.
- Cement adhesive. Additional means of this subspecies are glue, plaster and specialized fibers. This mixture does not crack after drying and repels water well.
- Cement adhesive for different types of tiles, it is also a subtype of a universal mixture, but unlike other varieties, it contains much more different additives, which gives it all the properties of glue.
The price of a dry universal mixture varies depending on the manufacturer, but in any case, the purchase of such a product will cost you much less than the purchase of several other types of mixtures, which are used only for a narrow range of works.Therefore, experts advise buying a tool with a margin, because if necessary it can be left for the next stage of the workflow. Store bags in a cool and dry place.
Preparation of the solution is a fairly simple process:
- First you need to roughly calculate the required amount of the mixture for one use. Do not forget that in diluted form such a solution can be stored only 1.5-2 hours.
- Then you need to prepare water at about +15 degree temperature. The solution is induced in the following proportions: 200 ml of water per 1 kg of dry mix.
- The mixture should be gradually poured into the water, simultaneously mixing the liquid with a drill with a nozzle or a specialized mixer.
- Let the solution stand for 5-7 minutes and mix again.
When applying the finished solution it is necessary to take into account some of the nuances:
- Works should be carried out in prepared conditions, with relatively dry air. Drawing is carried out only on a plain surface without cracks.
- Apply the composition with a special spatula.
- After applying each layer, it must be leveled and rubbed, and then let it "dry out", after which the next layer is applied.
- The top layer should be especially carefully processed and wiped, and then let it dry for a day. After that, it will be possible to carry out various types of work on top of it.
M200 and M300
Mixture M200 is used for the manufacture of supports, support stairs and walls, for pouring floor screeds. Coarse-grained subspecies of the product are also used as a masonry material for creating sidewalks, fences and platforms. This type of mixture is frost resistant and high strength.
Basically M200 is used only as a product for exterior decoration. This material has a low cost, it is usually at about the same level as the previous species. In the application of this solution is very simple.
The peculiarity of the application of such a solution is that the surface must be very well moistened. When mixing the composition, it is desirable to use a concrete mixer, since this means is quite thick, and it is very difficult to mix it by hand. The service life of the finished mixture of this type is also different from the previously presented. He is half an hour. Then the solution begins to harden, and it is no longer possible to use it.
M300 in fact is also a universal mixture. It is used in various construction works, but its main function is the manufacture of sand concrete and concrete structures. This mixture has the highest strength. Also, this material differs from others in the possibility of self-alignment. In addition, it hardens much faster than other types of products.
Using the M300 as a fundamental installation requires special attention and high quality work. Concrete should be applied in several layers using a reinforcing mesh.
Given the above, choose the desired type of dry mix for construction is easy. It is necessary to breed and use products strictly in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions.
When using any kind of mixture, you must comply with security. The work should be carried out, protecting the face and hands. If any part of the body is damaged, it is necessary to immediately consult a doctor.
How to level the wall with a dry cement-sand mixture M150, see below.