Today, you will not surprise anyone with beautiful LED lighting. It is found everywhere. LED bulbs are present in various household appliances, gadgets, shop windows, billboards. Currently, many interior designers are turning to this kind of lighting.
What it is?
An LED is a lighting device that contains semiconductors. It is designed to convert electric current into light. LED lamps are very different from the classic types of lighting. And it's not just about power consumption, but also about brightness. In addition, such modern lighting devices can have different colors, and not just the standard cold and warm options.
Advantages and disadvantages
LED lighting has become incredibly popular due to its economy. Such lighting devices significantly save energy, especially when compared with older arc, filament and discharge bulbs. Various devices with LED lamps are durable. A diode that causes semiconductors to burn is a crystal. Over time, it does not tarnish and does not go out. For this reason, the simplest light bulb can operate up to 100,000 inclusions without any problems.
Another important advantage of diode lamps is their harmlessness.. Such devices are made from environmentally friendly materials that do not pose a risk to human health. Many consumers choose LED lighting because of their high efficiency. Such products emit bright light, so they can be used to illuminate a sufficiently large area. In modern production of diode lamps, more practical glasses are used. Such high-tech lighting devices provide optimal and uniform distribution of lighting in a particular space.
The advantage of LED lighting products is their inertia-free. Simply put, such models give 100% of the light immediately after switching on. You do not need to wait until they are completely warm and give a rich light. Complete with some devices are special controllers. With the help of such elements you can control the brightness level of the lamp and even its color.
Modern diode bulbs are characterized by low heat dissipation. Simple lamps together with the light emit a lot of heat and heat up a lot. LED varieties of heat almost do not radiate. Virtually all the electricity in such devices is spent on creating high-quality and bright lighting.
Modern lamps are completely silent. That is why they are so often addressed to design libraries, hospitals, offices and other rooms in which there should be silence. Ultraviolet radiation does not emit from diode lamps. Incandescent bulbs, fluorescent and energy-saving specimens generate ultraviolet light, which attracts insects. LED bulbs do not possess such properties.
It is worth noting the compact size of these bulbs.Led light sources are very small. But in some situations, this feature is a disadvantage. For example, if you need a sufficiently powerful luminous flux, since it will require a large array of LEDs.
High-quality LED bulbs are resistant to negative environmental factors. Such lighting devices are not afraid of vibrations, temperature changes, high humidity or aggressive ultraviolet rays. Due to its durability, LED lamps are often used not only in home interiors, but also in industrial facilities or on the street.
However, there is such a lighting and its disadvantages. For example, LED bulbs are more expensive than classic appliances. But this criterion is purely conditional, since the purchase of such a modern lamp will pay off considerably in the future.
Diode bulbs should not be installed in freezers. They do not tolerate constant exposure to low temperatures. Such conditions have a negative impact on the structure of the LED. In such an environment, the light bulb will not last long.At first its light will become dim, and then it will burst altogether.
Modern diode lighting is different.
Such durable fixtures are suitable for indoor lighting. In living spaces they are used very often. Room LED lamps have a variety of shapes and dimensions. They are screwed into the usual cartridges of a specific diameter. Also in the shops you can meet the light bulbs that come in a set with a built-in lamp for furniture, as well as hanging or tension flow.
For such situations also suitable point and recessed lighting. Also, light bulbs can be installed in the walls, ceiling and even the floor.
Also Led lighting can be office and administrative.. In the premises of this type most often used compact lamps, do not take up much space and do not attract too much attention. For this, recessed or overhead models for the ceiling are ideal. The most common are the lamps round or square shape.
LED light bulbs are widely used for lighting retail space. As a rule, for such spaces special lighting devices are selected - downlights, having directional light, as well as special track lights,which need to be established on the busline. The main task of such copies is to provide the most comfortable and high-quality lighting, which will not cause irritation and eye fatigue.
With the help of well-chosen trade lighting, you can make an unobtrusive focus on certain goods and attract great attention to them. This effect has a functional luminaries with adjustable brightness.
Modern and economical diode lamps are used to illuminate industrial buildings. For such purposes, wall, suspended, recessed and overhead devices with moisture-proof properties are ideal. It is advisable to select light bulbs that are not afraid of temperature changes, dust and various damage. Industrial lamps can have a variety of shapes and sizes.
LEDs are also suitable for emergency lighting. Similar options are necessary for cases when the main light is turned off. Emergency lighting needs to be used everywhere. These can be industrial buildings or shopping centers, as well as hospitals, railway stations, shops, etc.
Luminaires of emergency type are of two types:
- Instances of centralized power supply. These varieties are powered by a central alarm system.
- Standalone options. They are ready-made kits in which all the necessary elements are located in the inner part.
Also emergency copies are divided into reserve and evacuation. The first models provide maintenance of the necessary level of lighting in social and industrial premises. Evacuation lights are required to indicate the path to the exit.
Today is widely used outdoor Led lighting. Lighting devices of this type are divided into several types:
- Cantilever. Such lighting devices are necessary for illuminating city streets and country squares, as well as highways, pedestrian crossings, and railway stations. Such varieties have very uniform, high-quality distributed and extensive lighting, saving electricity.
- Architectural. This type of lighting is used to highlight different sculptures and buildings. For such purposes, also suitable bright LED strip.
There are 6 types of architectural lighting:
Hidden lighting fixtures are mounted so that the source is not noticeable, and only the light emanating from it is visible. As a rule, such options are used to highlight one or another part of the facade of the building or to create interesting light compositions. Local illumination by LEDs is most often used in the event that it is necessary to focus attention on a specific element of the building. For example, it can be window designs, luxurious columns, beautiful cornices and other attractive details.
Flood lights are useful for full illumination of an object. They can give uniform or uneven light. To organize this type of lighting, it is customary to use more powerful models of luminaires, which have a large angle of dispersion. Such elements are installed at the required distance from the object. Most often they are put on the ground or supports.
This type of diode lighting, as "graphics" is a highlight of buildings and other objects with special devices with an optical component. In such models there are special lenses and light reflectors, with which you can leave a beautiful pattern or pattern on the facade of a building. For the type of lighting "graphics" you can also use LED strip. The type of “illumination” consists of bright garlands, light figures or moving lights. As a rule, such options are used to design shopping centers or entertainment venues. Often, beautiful light bulbs are addressed for festive home decoration.
The media facade is a screen of various sizes and shapes. As part of this design, there is a diode grid assembled from several modules on which LEDs are mounted. As a rule, such bright and eye-catching models are used to form beautiful advertising, TV broadcasts, etc.
For a large area it is best to use powerful spotlights. Most often, such options are addressed for the design of industrial areas, stadiums, large construction sites, parking lots. The power of LED spotlights can be 25, 50, 100 or more watts. They contain from 15 to 30 LEDs.
Such powerful devices are attached to special lighting poles or to the walls of a building. If we are talking about lighting the scene, then the diode lamp should be attached to the rack or use mobile portable options.
Today, high-quality landscape lighting is very popular. Such devices are used for street lighting of the backyard, garden, pool, basketball court. Such devices can be lawn, designed for tracks or embedded in walls.
Multifunctional are LED bulbs on batteries. Such devices can be used both at home and take them with you on a picnic. It can be a simple table lamp, a decorative ornament, a portable pendant light with a holder for a tent or a gazebo, a car light bulb.
For the design of the courtyard of a private house is ideal light bulb with a motion sensor. Today, these options are very popular, as they are economical and allow you to learn about the penetration of a person or an animal to the site. Such bulbs light up at the moment when a living object enters the field of their action.After a while, they go out.
Linear lighting looks beautiful and original. Especially often these lamps are perfectly correct forms can be found in office buildings and business centers. With the help of such lighting devices can be interesting geometric compositions on the ceiling or walls.
LEDs may be present in car lamps. Such devices are used for interior lighting, and are also present in the stoplights. Not so long ago, these light bulbs were used for low and high beam.
Varieties of lamps
Lamps differ from each other not only by the method of application, but also by the type of LED used.
- SMD (Surface Mounted Device). Light bulbs of this type are among the most common. The Surface Mounted Device LEDs are installed directly on the surface of the board (their name indicates this). There are a great many different models, differing from each other in terms of current consumption and light flux values. Such types of light bulbs are distinguished by high-quality heat sink. Due to these characteristics, they are very durable and wear-resistant.
- Powerful and super power LEDs. In such bulbs there are diodes of type 5630, 5730. They are designed for currents up to 350 mA. Lighting devices with similar lamps are very powerful. Such varieties need additional cooling.
- COB (Chip on Board). Lighting devices with such LEDs are distinguished by a good uniformity of the light flux.
- Filament diodes. The technology of manufacturing such light bulbs is still in the development stage, but it is already very popular. One filament gives 1.3 W. These types are inexpensive and have excellent heat dissipation properties.
LED lamps are mounted on:
- hooks (for linear and hanging types of lighting);
- suspensions with base rings;
- adjustable racks with bolts (most often used for suspended ceilings);
- lighting and wall supports (for floodlighting);
- double-sided tape or plastic brackets (for LED strip).
Where can I use?
LED lighting devices can be chosen for any conditions, whether it is an ordinary residential apartment or industrial premises.These options are ideal for decorative lighting. Multicolored illuminations look especially impressive. They can be both static and flashing, running and changing colors.
Recessed ceiling lights are suitable for suspended ceilings. They have simple designs, so each user will be able to change the light bulb. Effective and attractive in the yard of a private house will look beautiful landscape lighting and instances for the terrace at the dacha. There are lawn lamps or models that are installed along the tracks and paths. Also for lighting you can use light bulbs on the railing or the fence.
In addition, LED bulbs are often installed in a garage or cellar. For this, it is not necessary to buy models with a large scattering angle.
How to choose?
It is necessary to choose high-quality and durable diode lamps in accordance with the following criteria:
- Light flow. This figure does not affect the power of the lamp. It can only describe its power consumption. The luminous flux in the diode bulbs varies lumens.It is this designation that must be paid attention to when buying the device.
- Color and emission spectrum. To determine the color range is applied such a thing as color temperature. This indicator is measured in degrees Kelvin. The less the number changes, the warmer the color is.
- Color rendering index. This indicator is necessary in order to find out how visible other colors are in the light bulb. It is measured in the range from 0 to 100. The higher this indicator is, the better the color rendition is.
- Angle of light flow. LED lamps are ideal for spot lighting. As a rule, they have a small angle of directivity, not exceeding 120 degrees.
- Design. The design of the lamp should fit the interior in which you plan to place it. This is necessary so that the subject is not knocked out of the general ensemble, but harmoniously complements it.
- Manufacturer. It is recommended to turn to popular and well-known manufacturers, producing really high-quality and durable lamps.
- Built-in ceiling lights can be installed along the edges of a multi-level light ceiling, and in its center hang an ordinary metal chandelier. Such details will look harmoniously in an ensemble with red walls and soft brown floor. Put in such a room a white corner sofa, a wooden cabinet under the TV and add white blinds to the window.
- Cool Spotlights will look spectacular against the glossy multi-level ceiling dark blue shade. Externally, this design resembles a beautiful starry sky and is suitable for a living room or bedroom.
- LED strip blue You can decorate a white kitchen set. Attach it to the bottom of the wall cabinets. Such unobtrusive details can decorate and enliven kitchen furniture.
- Linear illumination can be added to the ladder. Attach such fixtures to the bottom of each step. If the staircase is made in white color, and the upper part of the steps is trimmed with wooden panels, then it can be supplemented with white or pale yellow light bulbs.
- Against the background of the light staircase with wrought iron railing the diode tape of blue color will look. Such a tandem will be very stylish, attractive and elegant.
- LED strip blue It will look attractive in the lower part of the white kitchen set, located in a room with peach walls and a floor, laid out with white tiles.
- Linear or ribbon lights You can decorate the mirror in the bright bathroom. Just attach the lights behind this item and complete this tandem with another tape on the opposite wall. To do this, you can prepare a square niche.
How to install LED lighting yourself, see the video below.