LED track lights
Lighting is needed almost everywhere - from apartments to large industrial enterprises. With its arrangement, you can use several types of lamps, allowing to obtain the desired light effect. Amid all this diversity, track lights are gradually gaining popularity. Their advantage is high flexibility and adaptability, which makes them more and more in demand.
Track lights are lighting devices that are fixed on a special busbar. On one such frame can accommodate multiple devices.A feature of the tire is that it is often performed in the form of a metal profile, in the slots of which the fasteners of these devices are located.
Depending on the shape of the tire, it can be divided into several types:
These elements are made of aluminum alloys, as they are very well treated.
Track type lighting systems are relatively new products that are already widely used. Such a device consists of several structural elements:
- Lamp. This is a standard lighting fixture that is no different from other suspended models. The shape and size of the frame depends on the manufacturer and the application environment.
- Conductive element. As it can be special cables that run across the bus.
- Transformer. This mechanism is designed to reduce voltage, as many lamps today operate at 12 or 24 V.
- Suspension - this is a design that allows you to fix the lamp on a vertical or horizontal surface.
It should be noted that the mechanisms of lamps are often supplemented by special sliding systems. This allows you to change not only the direction of the light, but also, if necessary, the height of the lamp above the surface. Such a system is important if you need to change the flow force depending on the process.
Track lights are often equipped with a system of directional flow of light. It is not possible to get full coverage with just one attribute.
Therefore, they are often used for industrial purposes in several places:
- shop windows where they highlight a specific product;
- billboards and other similar systems.
In everyday life, these types of lighting devices are rare and are used mainly in the style of hi-tech or techno. The optimal solution is the tracks in the formation of functional or decorative lighting. Many designers use track lights in the arrangement of modern kitchens and living rooms. With their help, they divide the room into several comfortable zones.
There are several classifications of systems with rail lights.Depending on the location of these products are:
- Ceiling. The most common type of tracks that allows you to get a full coverage of the house.
- Wall mounted. Perfectly suitable for highlighting pictures or organizing spot lighting of a certain zone in a room.
- Embedded. The most complex systems, as their installation requires special skills and preliminary surface preparation.
Another criterion for the classification of track systems are the parameters of the conductive element:
- Devices capable of working only at a voltage of 12 V. Often have similar quality LED modifications.
- Single phase. Luminaires can be plugged directly into the household electrical network.
- Three phase. The most powerful systems that are found only in industrial facilities and are rarely used in everyday life.
Track lights are used in various areas. Therefore, they can be equipped with several types of lamps:
- Halogen. Lamps of this type are distinguished by a high luminous flux. Used mainly for the organization of lighting at industrial facilities.
- Metal halide. The properties of these structures are very similar to the previous form. The use environment is also limited to offices and industrial plants.
- LED. LED lamps are the most modern option. The designs differ by low power (up to 50 W). At the same time they consume much less electricity than other modifications. There are also dimmable devices that allow you to smoothly change the brightness of the lighting.
Advantages and disadvantages
The lamps on the tires have a unique design and high-quality performance.
Their popularity is due to several positive characteristics:
- Long service life. Some models are able to work more than 50 thousand hours.
- Simplicity and versatility. Luminaires are relatively easy to mount and connect. However, they can be located on almost any surface, which allows you to choose the right option for a specific type of interior.
- The quality of the light flux. It can be changed using dimmers, which makes them more versatile.
- Strength. Often this applies to LED models, where the diodes are reliably protected from vibrations and other similar effects.
- The minimum level of service. All operations for their replacement or repair can be performed manually with a little experience.
But track devices are not universal, as they do not allow to completely replace all other types of lighting. Among their shortcomings there are several such features:
- High price. This is due to the fact that the system consists of several elements that are somewhat more complicated than the standard modifications.
- Directivity of light. Most types of lamps provide directional flow, which does not allow to cover the entire territory of the room. Therefore, they are used to highlight certain areas.
Criterias of choice
Track lights today produce many companies, making it difficult to purchase in the store. When choosing these structures should pay attention to several indicators:
- Power and type of luminous flux. Often, many lamps are characterized by a directional beam. This allows you to focus the attention of a person only on a specific area. But there are modifications in which the flow is scattered. Such models combine with the previous option,which allows you to create the optimum level of lighting.
Please note that power also affects energy consumption. Therefore, it is better to give preference to low-power modifications.
- Network settings. As already mentioned, there are track systems that can be connected directly to the household electrical network directly. But there are devices that need a step-down transformer.
- Colour temperature. Light parameters depend on it.
It is important that he was not intrusive and does not strain his eyes. Today produce lamps, both with cold and with a warm glow.
- Angle of dispersion. Such a value indicates the area that the luminaire can cover with a luminous flux. This value can also vary over a wide range, so it is important to tailor it to your needs.
- Materials and design. There are no universal recommendations here. The main thing is that the system is not heated during operation and is safe. The style of the track is chosen depending on personal preferences and features of the interior.
- Manufacturer and customer reviews. These criteria are one of the main ones, since they allow distinguishing qualitative models from the whole diversity.
You should not buy devices of unknown brands at a low price, as there is a high risk of their quick breakdown.
Many experts do not recommend buying devices that consist of several LED points. These modifications are outdated and do not provide high-quality lighting. When choosing LEDs, it is important to consider the presence of a yellow dot in the middle. It is present only in the most modern versions, but the power of such a device must be at least 40 watts.
Glass is also one of the important factors affecting lighting. The best option would be a lamp with tertiary optics. This system allows you to distribute the flow of light evenly, in contrast to the satin glass.
Track lights are unique systems with many advantages. They not only allow you to expand the functionality of the room, but also give the style originality and practicality.
How to mount the LED track lamp and connect it, see the following video.