The subtleties of mounting fixtures in PVC panels
For any interior, lighting is an important part. There are different types of fixtures. For example, point models direct a beam of light to a specific object. Scattered lighting allows you to create a peaceful environment. The choice of lighting is not easy, because it often affects the well-being of residents and guests. Consider the subtleties of installation of lighting devices in plastic panels.
One of the most popular materials for finishing the ceiling are PVC panels. They have many advantages and disadvantages, one of the main advantages is that in this system it is possible to build in your own light sources. Plastic is an inexpensive material, so the ceilings of this material are very popular. Installation does not require special skills - everything is quite simple.
The range allows you to select items that are different in length, width, color and design. They are divided into several basic types. For example, they can be light and elastic, requiring a special approach and accuracy during installation work. In addition, there are wall analogues. They are quite weighty and have a lot of weight.
Other varieties include:
- with thermal film;
- with wood or marble patterns.
Separately, you can select plastic with a beautiful coating, expensive texture - such panels are able to decorate even the most expensive interior.
The most important thing to remember when choosing a lamp - plastic melts easily at high temperatures. This spoils the appearance and quality of plastic. Therefore, it is not necessary to choose incandescent bulbs, also discharge lamps will not work. The ideal option would be LEDs up to 40 watts. This value is also chosen for a reason: at high power, wires can heat up, they can melt plastic from the inside.
It is best to choose light bulbs for such panels with a high level of tightness (IP44 and higher). This will allow to use such lamps in absolutely any premises.when working with lighting at 220 V. It should be noted halogen and LED lamps. They require only 12 V. However, it is necessary to know how to mount the light bulbs correctly. From the panel, the power is transmitted to the transformer, and then to the lamps.
The following restrictions apply:
- on one transformer you can hang up to 4 light bulbs;
- cable length should not exceed 250 cm;
- by increasing the length of the wire the lamps will shine very dimly.
Before conducting work it is necessary to check whether everything is ready. The presence of wires, electrical tape and terminal blocks you need to know before starting work. It is also necessary to check the integrity of the switches and the lamps themselves.
- The first step is to choose the location of the light sources. It is best to apply the exact place on the ceiling. The main thing is not to choose points in those places where the profile or junction of panels will be held.
- It is better to start the installation of luminaires before the ceiling is fully assembled (wiring is easier to lead when only part of the panels are hung). A common problem is the hole for the lamp. Many unknowingly begin to invent any fraud in order to get exactly and in size.Most use a drill with a special nozzle of a certain diameter. This allows you to make a hole as accurately and accurately as possible. To do this, simply work at low speed without great effort - plastic will not transfer either speed or mechanical impact. In the absence of a drill, you can use a compass and a stationery knife.
- With a caliper you need to draw a circle, and with a knife, carefully cut it out. When cutouts, it is always better to start cutting inside the circle - errors will not be visible, and evenness of the circle can then be achieved with a minimum of effort, but a maximum of accuracy.
- Drilling holes are not carried out on the installed panel (this is not permissible).
- After the hole is ready, it is necessary to install the lamp body by snapping it onto the springs.
- Only after these procedures, you can install the panel. Many professional workers recommend to push the wire into the hole in advance: this will help you not to climb after installation of the panel and not to look for a wire. For convenience of connection the wire should hang down on 150-200 mm. When working with wires, it is necessary to disconnect the entire house from voltage and have flashlights on batteries.
- We remove the insulation from the wires and expose the contacts for the connection of the cartridge. If necessary, using insulation, you can connect a wire leading in parallel to the next lamp.
- After the cartridge is attached, the bulb itself is gently inserted into it. It is fixed with a special bracket, often having an additional thin glass as a mount.
By choosing the necessary PVC panels and the necessary fixtures, you can create any combination of them on the ceiling. The installation process is simple, but it is necessary to study it and understand the details of the process in order to avoid mistakes.
How to install fixtures in PVC panels, see the video below.