Greenhouse "Kapelka": characteristics and installation
Winter ends. Soon summer residents will start growing young vegetables, first greens, flowers. The greenhouse “Kapelka” can help them with this, the characteristics and features of which will be discussed in our article.
"Droplet" - this is a real garden under the roof of polycarbonate with an unusual outline. This greenhouse got its name for the wonderful design - lancet. Thanks to this configuration, the snow does not linger on the structure, but rolls down. The pressure of the snow falls not on the roof, but on the vertical supports. This form of construction is very relevant, especially in those regions where it often and abundant snow falls.
Selection of high-quality greenhouses - responsible businessrequiring careful attention.Insignificant changes in the design can lead to problems in thermal insulation and, possibly, not to the best consequences.
"Droplet" - a great greenhouse, which corresponds to GOST and is made from environmentally friendly materials. The improved model easily transfers various natural phenomena: rain, snow, strong wind. The design was created taking into account the peculiarities of the winter period - snowfalls, snowstorms, etc. With this form of greenhouse, condensate drops flow down the wall, eliminating their contact with vegetables.
The period of operation of the greenhouse is more than 10 years.
Properties and choice of polycarbonate
To begin, consider the main differences between greenhouses and greenhouses in order to more accurately determine the choice of the desired product.
Greenhouse - a small building with a height of about 1.5 meters, is not characterized by special reliability, is done for a short period of the spring season. Due to the small height, it is difficult to work in it. Covering material - plastic film that covers the greenhouse and, accordingly, requires replacement for the next year.
The greenhouse is a stationary construction, it is not installed for one season.The height of the greenhouse is 2.4 meters, which allows working without bending to its full height. It is made of polycarbonate; if used correctly, it can be used for up to 15 years.
The greenhouse "Kapelka" is covered with cellular polycarbonate. This material is characterized by high strength and reliability. durability. Excellent moisture retention and retains heat.
The duration of the greenhouse due to the feature of the frame and the properties of polycarbonate. When choosing a covering material, be sure to pay attention to its characteristics such as ultraviolet protection and density. If the material manufacturer guarantees quality preservation for at least 10 years, this means that the polycarbonate is protected on both sides. Products with a protective layer on one side only fade and lose their quality in the third year of operation. The product does not make snow blockages and quickly collapses.
Polycarbonate can have different thickness and density. The thinner the sheet, the lower the stiffness and strength of polycarbonate and, of course, resistance to impact, snow, wind.
Typical sizes of the greenhouse "Droplet":
- width - 2.4 m and 2.97 m;
- height - 2 m 40 cm;
- length - 4 m, 6 m, 8 m and more (magnitude, multiple of 2 m);
The frame is made of galvanized pipe, the class of zinc deposition 139-179 microns, is not susceptible to corrosion, it does not need to be painted during use. The greenhouse is covered with sheets of cellular polycarbonate with a thickness of 4 to 6 mm, depending on the climate of the region.
The unusual shape of the greenhouse, square galvanized tube 25x25 mm and arcs with intervals of 65 centimeters help the structure to withstand the most difficult weather conditions. The aperture and guides are made of galvanized pipe 20x20 mm, metal thickness 2 mm.
The design provides 2 doors and 2 vents on the end planes.
How to put a reliable greenhouse?
Be sure to use helpful recommendations.
- Before installation, select the place where the greenhouse will be located. It should be in an open place free for the sun. It is not recommended to place the structure where there is a possibility of water and snow from the neighboring buildings and structures. There should be a vacated site of at least one meter around in order for snow to fall in winter.
- When assembling the greenhouse, no superficial damage should be allowed that could lead to deformation of the frame.
- The construction can be immediately assembled in the designated area, the skeleton is laid in the ground for 25 centimeters. Another option is to make a solid foundation: mark the area, remove the top layer of soil, compress the ground, then put a geofiber and fill the pit with sand and gravel.
- The base under the greenhouse can be made of 100x100 mm bars, impregnated with a solution against decay, which fit like a frame. For a more solid foundation, you can pour concrete with formwork.
- The assembly of the greenhouse takes place without any particular difficulties. The factory version of the model is similar to the children's designer, only for adults. All parts and guides clearly fall into their grooves.
- With the help of screws and fixing bolts, which are sold in a set to the greenhouse, all arcs and elements of the end part, equipped with a door opening, are fastened.
- Next, additional elements with a window leaf are assembled, which are then placed on the main foundation and fixed on it. The next step in the installation will be the installation of the end element, then the parts are fixed to the base and between themselves.
- By reducing the step between the metal arcs, you can increase the strength and reliability of the structure.
- Using reinforced connecting elements that cover the arcs from two sides, polycarbonate is connected to the frame of the greenhouse using self-tapping screws with heat-resistant washers. Due to the guides in the greenhouse (stringers) it turns out reinforced reliable design.
- Polycarbonate sheets are stacked in a plane perpendicular to the frame. Sheet bending is performed across stiffeners.
Assembly must be done strictly according to the instructions of the plant.
The advantages of design and reviews
Greenhouse "Kapelka" - a modern design for the cultivation of early vegetables and herbs. She looks great, strong, reliable and looks very unusual. The manufacturer of the TM Orange models has been manufacturing this product from polycarbonate and galvanized steel for over 15 years. The structure "Droplet" belongs to the category of super-reliable structures. This greenhouse is stronger than the arched, thanks to its frame and the metal profiles from which it is made.
The advantages of the greenhouse.
- Warranty period of more than 5 years, thanks to the reinforced frame.
- The square galvanized pipe of which the framework is executed is not subject to corrosion.
- The interior space allows you to work in the garden comfortably.
- If desired, you can increase the size of the building in the direction of length. Items that are needed for assembly, are present in the product package.
- The teardrop-shaped form of the greenhouse does not retain the snow cover, there is no need to clean the roof of snow.
- The presence of air vents, doors provides a special atmosphere and helps to form the right microclimate for garden crops.
- Polycarbonate has UV protection, it has a great effect on plants inside the greenhouse. All the space in it will receive the necessary amount of light and heat.
- Strong, solid frame can withstand heavy loads. Fixing the arcs on the greenhouse is made using reinforced metal elements.
Drop-shaped greenhouses have become popular with gardeners. and receive exceptionally favorable reviews. The advantages of the product include quick and easy installation. Buyers note the strength, durability, tightness of the design. Particularly pleased with the summer residents is the fact that the greenhouse can be built up.
Do not forget to mention about high-quality polycarbonate, which provides protection against ultraviolet radiation, which has a beneficial effect on plants. And the form of the greenhouse itself causes only positive emotions: it looks interesting and contributes to the sliding of snow.
Installation and operation: tips
The term of its operation directly depends on the quality of the assembly of the structure. Consider the step-by-step scheme of the greenhouse assembly given by the manufacturer.
- Assembling doors and vents. The right and left door pillars are connected by four cross-beams with a screw connection M4x30. Curtain horizontal and vertical profiles are interconnected by means of a similar fastening.
- Assembling the pediment of the greenhouse. Two arc side profiles are connected with a corner-tie and screws. Install the upper horizontal profile with the M5x30 bolt joint (the M5 nut is located inside the greenhouse frame).
For proper installation of universal connectors on the markings applied.
- Covering the gable cellular polycarbonate. Remove the protective film layer from the polycarbonate, there is a special marking on the outside.We put polycarbonate on the greenhouse gable and twist it with 4.2x19 self-tapping screws in several places. With a construction knife, polycarbonate is neatly trimmed along the outer radius of the arc. Similarly, we collect the second gable of the greenhouse frame.
- Building a greenhouse tunnel. Attach the stringer profiles to the universal connectors on the gable using the M5x30 bolted joint (the M5 nut is located on the inside of the greenhouse frame).
For better reinforcement from the increased load in case of snowfall, the two horizontal guides are moved from top to bottom along the entire length of the greenhouse.
A few more recommendations and tips.
- The stability of the greenhouse is increased by reducing the pitch of the metal arcs.
- After collecting the frame greenhouses cut out the polycarbonate, after careful measurements. Do not forget that this material shrinks during cooling and expands when heated. In view of this, polycarbonate sheets are overlapped and fixed with screws with a rubber gasket.
- after assembling the greenhouse, wash it with water or detergent using a sponge or soft cloth;
- you should not use hard fabrics or brushes when cleaning polycarbonate, as you can violate the UV protection, and the material will fall apart;
- during operation, due to strong winds, oscillatory movements of the greenhouse occur, so check the tightness of the joints from time to time, tighten the nuts and bolts;
- if the polymer coating of the frame was broken, it is necessary to clean it and paint it for exterior work;
When using the structure in winter, it is necessary to seal the gaps between the polycarbonate and the frame, using a rubber sealant or silicone sealant.
A video tutorial on the assembly, installation and installation of the greenhouse "Droplet" is waiting in the next video.