Features hoods without exhaust in the ventilation for the kitchen
Who does not like to sit in the kitchen for a cup of tea? And if the beloved wife will cook there, then watch this and chat about the day. In the kitchen there must be a comfortable atmosphere. Unpleasant odors and gas decomposition products can ruin the pastime on it. And if people have a studio apartment? Life in it without hood is simply unthinkable! Simple ventilation (natural ventilation) cannot help solve this problem. For the purpose of eliminating discomfort, an exhaust hood should be used, which will facilitate the discharge of exhaust air.
All exhaust kitchen devices are divided into three types.
- Circulating (diverting). They are directly connected to the duct pipe.
- Recycle. Their principle of operation is to purify the air with the help of special filters.
- Combined. Equipped with both filters and duct, which allows them to work in two modes. Rarely used.
In some situations, circulation and combined ventilation design is not possible. It happens that the air duct is too far away or too high from the hob. Sometimes people just do not want to mount a corrugation that can ruin the interior a little. In a high-rise building, the installation of a circulation model of the hood can provoke a complaint from the neighbors about odors coming from your kitchen to them in the ventilation. In this situation, you can use a special stand-alone hood without venting air into the ventilation.
Principle of operation
With the help of a reliable multistage filtering system, this device cleans the air from various kitchen pollutants: odors, grease, and burning. At its core, the device does not pull the air out of the room, but is its filter. The recirculation hood consists of a housing, the motor itself and fans, of which there are always two. They are inside the top of the filters or between them.Working performance depends on the power of the electric motor. When installing such a system, it is necessary to provide for the nearest location of a 220 volt outlet. Internal parts of the hood are made of non-oxidizing materials.
Recirculating hoods for the kitchen are used in the following cases:
- the hob is located very far from the vent and it is not possible to dismantle the pipes;
- ventilation cannot be used directly due to its deterioration;
- bad, too high location of the vent.
Since the device has a whole range of protective filters, the hood is also called filtration. It consists of two levels of protection. The first level of rough cleaning is special acrylic cleaners. Their main component is a filter made of acrylic. This may also include models with paper or non-woven disposable cassettes. The disadvantages of acrylic and paper filters are that they are intended for single use. Their lifespan does not exceed six months. Also filters of metal (aluminum, stainless steel) can be attributed to the first level of cleaners. They are more profitable because they do not require replacement.Rinse them thoroughly with hot water and soap once a month. It is better to choose those hoods that have at least 5 layers of metal mesh. A smaller amount will be ineffective. The second level is characterized by a hood with carbon filters. Coal is a well-known eco-friendly natural absorbent.
Unfortunately, carbon tapes are also disposable.
The type of housing electrical extracts differ.
- Horizontal. Their geometry is parallelism of the cooking surface.
- Vertical. The filtering surface is perpendicular to the plate, which takes up a lot of space. For such systems, you must have a very large kitchen.
- Inclined. As the name implies, are located at an angle to the stove. They have a number of advantages, as they work efficiently and silently, and they also save a lot of space.
- Telescopic (cassette). A variation of the built-in hood that, if necessary, extends, increasing the suction surface. After cooking it can be pushed.
By way of installation may be as follows.
- Suspended. Mounted on the wall and usually contain a hinged additional panel to increase the effective filtration area.
- Inline. Mounted inside the kitchen unit.Very compact, but differ in low productivity.
- Island Serve for those plates that are not located close to the wall, but at some distance.
The material of which the body is made, there is also a difference.
- Metallic (stainless steel, aluminum). They are usually performed in high-tech style. When using them, you can emphasize the modern style of the interior.
- Enamel. Such devices are easy to wash and care for them. The most inexpensive members of the family hoods.
- Strained glass. Very beautiful models that require careful care. It is easy to fight that brings some inconvenience to the use of this technique.
Advantages and disadvantages
Based on numerous reviews of the operation of exhaust hoods without exhaust in ventilation You can determine the main advantages of this type of system.
- Two-level filtration of air cleans it very well from various household pollutants.
- This type of exhaust device operates at extremely low levels of noise and vibration.
- Conventional hoods partially block the ventilation ducts. The recirculation hood will allow you to clean the air without stagnation. It will complement the ventilation system.
- If a gas boiler is located in the apartment, the use of a conventional exhaust will create backdraft, which is very dangerous and can cause carbon monoxide poisoning. To avoid such an incident, it is necessary to use the hood without the air.
- At the request of the client, this hood can be installed not only in the kitchen, but also in any room, for example, in the garage.
- It does not take up much space, which saves space for other irreplaceable elements of the kitchen interior. This is especially important for small-sized kitchens in modern apartments.
- These devices are very light, which is a plus for delivery and installation.
- Recycling hoods have a more concise and versatile design compared to conventional systems.
- Installation of such a structure is much cheaper than installing a system with an air vent.
- These devices eliminate odors much better. They will not be able to penetrate to the neighbors in the ventilation channel, if you live in an apartment building.
- Purification using a filter allows you to not use natural ventilation for a long time, which preserves the temperature regime of the dwelling.You do not have to once again use heaters or split systems.
- The device consumes a small amount of electricity.
- With this device there is no need for maintenance of the ventilation duct.
- The price of such devices may pleasantly surprise the buyer.
Together with the obvious advantages of such a filtration system has several disadvantages.
- It is necessary to replace filters regularly. Besides the fact that this is an additional financial expenditure, it is necessary to spend time on this work. For a large family, this can be a real problem, as frequent cooking increases the consumption of filters. Also not lucky fans of fatty foods and fans to smoke under the hood. Such things reduce the life of the cleaning system.
- Filters for the system are difficult to find, despite the presence of numerous analogues.
- If you accidentally delay the replacement of the filter, the hood can fail and require expensive repairs.
- Recycling hoods are sometimes more expensive than conventional ones.
- The design of such devices is less diverse than conventional hoods.
- If air pollution is strong enough, the filtration system may not cope with its purification.
- Compared with the classic air exhaust hoods, the efficiency is not so high and is about 70%.
How to choose?
By choosing a recirculation hood, The following points should be considered.
- The power (performance) of the system must match the size of your kitchen. In a private house the size of such a room can be significant. When choosing a device without access to the roof with a lower power, air purification will be insufficient. In order to properly select the required power, it is necessary to carefully study the technological passport of the selected product. There must be a suitable size of the room. Do not choose a hood with a power much higher than the required. This will increase energy costs and significantly increase the noise level in the room.
- Before buying appliances, measure your hob. In the ideal situation, the dome of the cleaning device should protrude 10 cm beyond the plate.
- It is better to choose a hood with lighting - it is very convenient for a good housewife who spends a lot of time in the kitchen.
- Examine the prices for the types of filters used in the selected device.Since they are to be replaced, it is better to immediately pay attention to whether you can regularly update them or better choose a cheaper option.
- Select the care products for the metal parts of the hood and its body. Calculate their cost. For example, for tempered glass hoods, special care is needed, which will require additional cash expenditure during the operation period.
- Find out which models have the ability to change the speed limit. The acquisition of such a system will allow you to adjust the intensity of the filtering process depending on the amount of food prepared. This will help you in some cases save electricity.
- In modern models there are additional options like gadgets: electronic touchscreen display, timer, clock, temperature indicator, automatic switch on of the device, remote control. If these functions are necessary for you, then pick up to yourself an extract with them.
- Read customer reviews on the Internet. Perhaps they will help you decide on the choice of apparatus.
- It is important to remember that the more functions of the presented equipment, the higher its cost.
The considered recycling devices are manufactured by many well-known brands:
- Ariston lets out very beautiful and stylish extracts without branch in ventilation. at the same time, the quality assurance of this company for the manufacture of household appliances is beyond doubt;
- hoods Integra famous for the best filters and many additional features;
- devices Bosch highly valued for their German quality;
- another German company Zigmund-shtain equally competes with others due to the original design of household appliances.
Of course, there are many other brands in stores.
The choice is yours.
So, the filtration system is selected. Now you need to install it. An experienced master can do it in a matter of minutes.
The installation of the recirculation hood is carried out in the following order.
- The equipment mainly has fixtures for the ceiling or wall. Check the strength of the base to prevent the hood from dropping. If built-in appliances, prepare a cabinet for it.
- Inspect the mounting kit according to the instructions.
- Mark the line between the appliance and the hob.To do this, there are rules for placement and standards of this distance: to the gas stove - 75 cm, and to the electric one - 65 cm. Sometimes these figures according to the instructions may be slightly different: 60 cm and 50 cm, respectively.
- Check whether the air after cleansing to go into free space.
- Provide the possibility of connecting the hood to an electrical network with grounding.
- Install the hood attachment with a drill or screwdriver, pre-marking the places for them.
- Hang the hood on the mount.
- Turn on the network and test performance.
If you do everything right and apply proper care for recirculating hoods, then you can enjoy many years of trouble-free operation of this system. There are cases when such devices are necessary because of the configuration of the kitchen. It happens that they are chosen because of ergonomics. Despite the reason for use, they are worthy modern representatives of household kitchen appliances, which helps to make the pastime in the kitchen as efficient, healthy and pleasant as possible.
You will learn more about exhaust hoods from the following video.