Hood Bosch: types, subtleties of choice and installation
The kitchen is the place where close people gather for breakfast, lunch and dinner. But while the cooker is operating, dangerous carbon monoxide (carbon monoxide) and formaldehyde are released. These gaseous toxic substances quickly spread throughout the apartment and harm the health of family members. Installing the hood will solve this problem.
The German company Bosch has long established itself as a manufacturer of high-quality electronics. Household appliances are created strictly in accordance with the European quality standard, so there is no doubt about the long service life of electrical appliances. The company regularly releases new models with a large number of options, user-friendly interface.The hoods offered by this manufacturer are subjected to a variety of tests. The wear resistance of all parts and components is checked. Bosch engine engines, like many other components, are made in Germany.
Despite its power, Bosch hoods work almost silently. The range includes various design options, so it’s easy to choose a model for any kitchen interior.
There is no specific classification of hoods. When buying is usually taken into account the appearance of the support and its technical parameters. Specialized stores offer a large selection of kitchen hoods.
Consider their main types and find out what their similarities and differences.
- Suspended hoods are popular due to their low price. The design can not be called powerful, its purpose - air filtration. The circulation hood filters the air, and when it is cleaned, it is again released into the room. Included often is a carbon filter. Suspended hoods are usually installed in small kitchens, where appliances perfectly draw out all the harmful vapors and odors from the air.You can increase the efficiency of this design by connecting it with an air duct to the ventilation shaft.
Flat hood (visor) is also often found in stores. Such devices are considered a kind of suspension hoods. If you are interested in this type of construction, then we recommend to pay attention to the “Bosch Serie 4 DUL 63 CC 20 WH” suspended hood. The models of Bosch suspended hoods practically do not differ from each other, their power is about 129-146 W, maximum performance - 230-350 cubic meters. m / h
- Built in. Such devices are built in a hinged locker. So the kitchen is not cluttered and retains a neat appearance. Embedded devices are much more powerful outboard, since in these models there are two engines installed. Such designs remove carbon monoxide vapors and smells much faster, but due to the operation of the motors, the noise level rises. There are options for hoods that are built into the tabletop. They are installed on both sides of the kitchen stove. Such an installation option is expensive, there may also be problems with the installation of the system. Built-in hood "Bosch Serie 4 DFM 064 A 51 IX" - a great option.The noise of the motor is practically absent, it can be easily built into a closet 60 cm wide, so finding the right furniture for it is not difficult.
- Dome. It looks like a cap or dome that hangs over a stove, so such constructions are also called kitchen caps and chimney hoods. There are external similarities with the exhaust system of the fireplace. Such designs strongly clutter the space, so it is better to install them in large-sized kitchens. Hoods are considered powerful, so they are installed not only at home, but also in cafes and restaurants.
- The hostesses prefer the inclined extracts of the fireplace type. It is much more convenient to use them: the review of the hob increases, they have a low noise level. In addition, an inclined hood takes up much less working space than a regular dome. The cost of an inclined structure is quite high, but it is much more convenient to use it. The extractor chimney DWP64CC50R is made of stainless steel, the umbrella is made in the form of a truncated pyramid. Another option is DWK065G20R. Inclined hood has an interesting design and high performance - 550 cu. m / h Power model is 216 watts.
- Telescopic. This type is also called retractable. During its operation, it is possible to adjust the operation of the additional panel; it increases the air absorption surface. There are island telescopic hoods. Such models are not installed against the wall, they can not be embedded in the kitchen cabinet. The island construction is attached to the ceiling. The device is suitable for kitchens in which the workplace is located in the middle of the kitchen "island". If necessary, an additional panel extends or retracts using the control panel.
- The cost of island hoods is quite high in comparison with other types of designs. Manufacturers offer original designs, for example, an exhaust hood in the form of an inverted glass or disguised as a chandelier. Of course, you need to take into account the fact that this device is part of the interior. It should look harmoniously with furniture and appliances. If you have a spacious kitchen and a place for cooking is located in the center (it does not adjoin the wall), then an island hood is an excellent solution. The island construction "Bosch Serie 8 DIB091K50" has a modern design. Grease filters with an indicator of contamination are easily washed in the dishwasher. The hood is equipped with a touch panel, lamps and lighting.
Hoods are made of various materials: glass, ceramics, plastic, stainless steel, aluminum. The cost of the device depends not only on the technical characteristics, but also on the material. Glass, ceramic hoods are considered expensive compared to the construction of plastic or stainless steel.
Many housewives like glass hoods, they neatly fit into the interior and seem less cumbersome. But to care for such a device is not easy, because after cooking on the refractory panel there are splashes and other contaminants that catch the eye on the glass. Clean the surface often. In addition, for glass it is necessary to use special detergents. It is not recommended to wash the surface with an iron brush, as it will leave scratches on the glass.
Almost all low-end models are made of steel. Stainless steel designs look less impressive, but they work no worse than glass or ceramic hoods. The Bosch company offers a wide choice of devices both from stainless steel, and from glass.
This manufacturer produces hoods in white, silver and black.Silvery devices are in demand because they are less visible pollution and they keep a neat appearance longer.
Any exhaust is a complex mechanism in which the motor creates air draft, so that the polluted air is removed from the room. The device has a variety of parts that need to be periodically changed. Fat filter is in each hood. It detains particles of fat, protects the blades of the motor and the surface of the duct from contamination. Fat filters are disposable and reusable. Disposables are made on the basis of synthetic products (non-woven, synthetic winterizer, acrylic). In structure, they resemble cloth napkins. Manufacturers install them in cheaper models of suspended flat structures. It is necessary to periodically check the hood and change the filter. Some housewives wash and use it again, but do not do it.
Reusable filters come with expensive models of hoods. You do not need to change them, it is enough to clean the cassette with detergent. The filter looks like a mesh with a metal frame.Basically, parts are made of aluminum and stainless steel. The carbon filter is designed for extracts that support the recirculation mode (the air is cleaned and returned to the room). Coal is an excellent sorbent (a substance that absorbs harmful gases and vapors), so it copes well with the problem of air pollution with carbon monoxide. Set the element for the fat filter.
The carbon filter often has to be replaced with a new one, the cost of the part is 250-2000 rubles. If you change it regularly, it is quite expensive. The work of the whole structure depends on its state. Due to a dirty carbon filter, the unit’s throughput, power and performance are reduced. The term of its use can be increased, if after cooking to leave the hood to work for another 5 minutes. This time is enough for the filter to dry out from moisture and vapors.
How to choose and install?
When choosing a hood you need to take into account certain features.
- Dimensions. The width of the appliance must be greater than or equal to the width of the cooker. Only under this condition will the hood draw out the gas and steam.You can install a telescopic hood, which is regulated by the extension of the additional panel.
- Mode of operation. Almost all devices operate in the mode of withdrawal and recycling. If you have a spacious kitchen, you will have to carry out the ventilation duct, in this mode the hood will work much more powerful. If the kitchen is small in size, feel free to choose the hood with recirculation mode. The performance of such a model will be enough to eliminate odors.
- Control. You can adjust the work of the hood using touch control (electronic). On the panel there are sensors that usually have light indicators. Push-button control assumes the presence of buttons, with the help of which the modes change and the “turn on” and “turn off” commands are executed. Devices with slider control are on the bottom of the hood sliders.
Hoods with auto-off timer are very popular lately. The device works as in the normal mode (the time and modes of operation are selected by the person independently), and in the timer mode (set the time after which the device automatically turns off).
- Performance. The exhaust air capacity is a value that indicates how much air the technician removes in an hour. For a small kitchen area suitable apparatus with a capacity of 600 cubic meters. m / h If the kitchen is large, then you should choose a hood with greater performance. But the greater the power of the device, the greater the noise from it. Powerful modern models are available with noise absorbing unit. In such a device, the motor is placed inside the rubber block, and there is practically no noise from it.
- Noise level. The noise figure is about 40-80 dB. So that the sound does not irritate, give preference to the hoods with a level of 40-60 dB.
Feedback on Bosch technology is generally positive. It is very simple to operate the device, to regulate its modes of operation. The performance of most devices is high.
Now let's talk about how to install the hood yourself.
- Measure with a tape measure the height on the wall on which the structure will be fixed. Be sure to note that the installation height for the electric stove should be 65-75 cm. Near the burners, structures are set at a height of 75-85 cm. These rules apply to all types of hoods, except inclined.The distance from the bottom panel of the inclined hood to the electric stove should be equal to 36-67 cm, and to the gas stove - 56-67 cm.
- Use the level and draw a straight horizontal line. At this height, the lower part of the body will be fixed. Measure the length of the device, put this length on the line. Find the middle of the segment, then draw a straight vertical line.
- Now measure the height of the structure. If the pipe rests on the ceiling, then part of it must be cut off. Consider installation restrictions.
- Measure the distance from the bottom edge of the device to the mount. On a vertical line, set aside this distance. Through this serif (point) draw a horizontal.
- Now the height and length of the hood are laid on the wall. Also on the wall, mark the places where the structure will be attached.
- Drill or punch holes under the dowels, then screws will be screwed into them.
- Installation is best to start with the top mounts. The position of the device is aligned horizontally and is finally fixed.
- Attach the corrugation or channel to the vent of the apparatus on the one hand and to the ventilation shaft on the other.
Any equipment fails over time, kitchen hood is no exception.
Consider the main problems and how to fix them.
- Do not pull the air. We have already mentioned filters. Fat filters should be washed every 3 weeks. The carbon filter changes every 5-6 months. In modern models there is a built-in sensor that lights up and reports that it is necessary to replace the element. Often the fan does not draw air due to dirty filters. Wash and replace them in the device. If you checked the filters, cleaned them, and the hood still pulls badly, then perhaps a vacuum has formed in the apartment. In this case, simply ventilate the room, the problem should be eliminated.
- If there is no thrust in the ventilation duct, then, respectively, the hood will also not pull. It is very easy to check the traction - bring a lighter or a lit match to the ventilation hole, the flame should be tightened. This problem can be fixed by installing an exhaust electric fan.
- Loud noise and other sounds. Powerful devices operate very loudly. If the device is buzzing, you can hear "tapping", then first check the mounting.Even a small gap can cause extraneous sounds. Fix the device tightly, it is also possible to lay foam between the wall and the apparatus. There are cases when the device is buzzing and does not start. If the fuse has caused the breakdown, it must be replaced.
- Light bulbs do not work. If the light does not turn on, then the light itself may have burned out. We'll have to buy a new one, disassemble the structure and replace it.
The hood does not just eliminate odors, it helps to preserve the health of all family members. The device pulls out the polluted air, removes carbon monoxide from the apartment. Hood Bosch will ensure your kitchen clean and fresh for many years.
An overview of the telescopic hood Bosch, see the following video.